Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 05-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lucyc2013 is on a distinguished road
Default Supporting teaching and learning in schools level 3 qcf

Hi all

I am new to the forum and would really appreciate any help or advice if you would mind please.

I am currently doing a voluntary role and do it online so I never have an tutor come and see me and only have email access to the tutor.

I could really do with some help on the following questions, any advice on what to research or websites I can use to assist me would be fantastic.

I firstly wondered where I would find an upto date list of national occupational standards for teaching assistants and where I would find it.

So I am completing the following questions -

Evaluate your own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards (early years foundation stage or every child matters)

I am not sure if I should be focusing on what I do and how it links in to the standards.

Demonstrate how to work with others to review and prioritise your own learning needs, professional interests and development opportunities.

It says I can upload a latest appraisal but I'm only a volunteer so not sure what is the best angle to take.

Demonstrate how to work with others to agree your own personal development plan.

Again it says upload appraisal

I hope you may be able to assist and sorry if I sound a bit silly and the answers are obvious but I'm only now getting back into education with 2 children and sometimes I do miss the jist of things!!

Thanks again

Lucy

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Doodle Smith is on a distinguished road

Hi lucy. I did a professional discussion to discuss my learning needs etc... and options available. I don't have an assessor come in to observe me either and I am finding it all quite difficult. With determination I am now slowly working through unit 5. Try looking on your local education website for standards. for the evaluation of own knowledge/standards I used some examples from the standards and linked what we do in school eg.. safety.. crb checks, sign in, key pads on doors, risk assessments, vigilance during activities, spills etc... hope this helps a little and doesn't confuse you even more!!
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:23 PM

cc0009 is on a distinguished road
Default Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 QCF

i would still need help on the following question.
3.3 Undertake a health and safety risk assessment in own work setting or service illustrating how its implementation will reduce risk.

please help....
king regards.
Unread 06-06-2013, 11:25 AM

I did a risk assessment in the nursery where I volunteer, did a write up about why we should have certain safety things in place e.g. soft matting around climbing frames, how the risk is reduced then got nursery teacher to check and sign it.
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:13 PM

cc0009 is on a distinguished road
Default Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 QCF

can i please ask for help. Did anyone write anything for the following questions?
Explain the importance of reflective practice in continuously improving the quality of service.

Demonstrate the ability to reflect on your own practice.

Many thanks!
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0009 View Post
can i please ask for help. Did anyone write anything for the following questions?
Explain the importance of reflective practice in continuously improving the quality of service.

Demonstrate the ability to reflect on your own practice.

Many thanks!
Reflective practice helps with planning future activities. We can look at things that have went well, things that didn't, can assess our own performance/skills etc... I used an example from my reflective diary, made sure I included how the activity went, what my input was like, what changes might be beneficial. make sure you stick to preferred sections from course provider, eg, report, conclusion etc...
Unread 06-22-2013, 06:03 PM

Lucyc2013 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help I managed to complete it and had it signd off now worki no through section 5 x
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyc2013 View Post
Thanks for your help I managed to complete it and had it signd off now worki no through section 5 x
Well done you. Good luck with number 5!! I am currently getting brain ache trying to work through it. Have done loads but keep finding other areas I think I need to evidence differently.
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:45 PM

fizzuk83 is on a distinguished road

Hiya,
I was just wondering how the professional discussion was documented...did you use a form to record info and then just get a witness statement to say a professional discussion had been had or did you record it on tape recorder and post it off? practical side is driving me crazy........thanks for any help :) x
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzuk83 View Post
Hiya,
I was just wondering how the professional discussion was documented...did you use a form to record info and then just get a witness statement to say a professional discussion had been had or did you record it on tape recorder and post it off? practical side is driving me crazy........thanks for any help :) x
I take notes through discussion then write it up under heading of professional discussion. Then get teacher to check and sign. My course provider supplies a template form to write on but I prefer to print mine, need to make sure I use headings/sections outlined in those. hope this helps a bit.:jump: