Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 03-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

cwaring is on a distinguished road

hi everyone!

Im just about to send in assignment 3...i am SO behind its untrue..not sure how I will manage another 8 units by september as they seem to be taking forever to complete!! Has anyone done the assignment for unit 4 on personal development...Ive just been looking at the tasks....how on earth are you supposed to complete that if you are not actually employed as a TA?!!?!? any pointers to any of the 13 tasks would be GREAT eg what evidence did you use, how did you go about it etc etc etc as a lot of the tasks ask you to demonstrate stuff!?!

I am just so glad its not just me who is struggling. the study house / e distance learning course is just so vague and so far ive just had borderline passes because of how i have been setting the evidence out rather than the content which i think is unfair as comments are great about each task! veryvery frustrating!!!!!!

Like ive said before and others have too...i have a degree so thought this would be manageable but there is so little support from my tutor that im really regretting the whole thing now :( i thought tutors were there to support and advise and not be sarcastic and just copy and paste bits from the study guide back at you when you ask them something!?!?!?!!?!

but yes...any help or advice re unit 4 personal development would be really really useful as I can see I will be stuck on it for a long time otherwise!!!

x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

stonenat is on a distinguished road

Hi honey, can you remind me of the question again for TASK 13 and I will look up what evidence I submitted. Am hoping to finish my assign 5 this weekend so can crack on with 6 at easter. Hope ur keeping well and not letting this stress u 2 much.............actually I need to take my own advice..been sat in front of my laptop since 9 this morning and have not got very far at all. Talk soon

xxx
Unread 03-23-2013, 04:38 PM

Kat67 is on a distinguished road

Ok, I thought I was getting somewhere with my first assignment but I'm stuck on evidence again LOL. Can someone that has done the evidence for this assignment please just tell me what you used for evidence? I've done a reflective diary and observation/witness statement for the first learning outcome but not sure what to use for the others. The learning outcomes are:

Understand the factors that influence children and young people's development and how these affect practice (tasks 3 to 5)
Understand how to monitor children and young people's development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern (tasks 6 to 9) -(for one of these tasks I think I will try to get a professional discussion with the SENCO at school....)
Understand the importance of early intervention to support the speech, language and communication needs of children and young people (tasks 10 to 12) (again, task 12 I can do an observation report or reflective diary but not sure about the others)

The final learning outcome I can put a professional discussion in that I had the other day so that should be ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Unread 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM

heres further proof of how unhelpful my tutor is. My assignment 3 is too big to email over as contains photographs, scanned documents etc so ive decided that i need to post it instead. I could not find an address where to send postal submissions to so i emailed my tutor and just got this reply...

Thank you for your email which we have received.

As per your work documents:

TUTOR SUPPORT, ASSIGNMENT MARKING AND FEEDBACK

For queries related to all aspects of course content, tutorial advice and assignment marking please contact the Student Centre Tuition Department

SO....could anyone tell me how I post my assignment to study house as this is still no hope whatsoever. Ive just rung study house but there is no answer!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:48 AM

Hi, not sure whether you've found the answer to this yet but looking through the folder, I think you have to send assignments to:

Tuition Department
Study House Student Centre
5 Heather Close
Carterton
West Oxfordshire
OX18 1TF

The only other address is the general queries one in Cumbria.....

Good luck! Please can you tell me how many pieces of evidence you submitted for each learning outcome? I've only got one or two for each one, so that's about 5 to 8 so far for assignment one.... worried it won't be enough :/ xx
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:52 AM

hiya! thanks yes thats the address I used. out of principle I emailed,my tutor back and got address!!!! so.assignment 3 in the post to him...id best not get another borderline pass!!!! ive been submitting mainly one piece of evidence per task, two at the most. am now struggling to start assignment 4 as its a hard one when you are not employed as a TA really! x
Unread 03-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Claire Nixon is on a distinguished road
Default please help me xxxx

Hi I am new to this site and find it really helpful. I am struggling on the same unit. Is there anyway you could help me. I am not sure if you where to go next.
Thank you
Claire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaring View Post
hi there stonenat! that would be much appreciated as i am not sure where i am going wrong really! Here is a list of the tasks for my health and safety unit:

1)Describe the factors to take into account when planning healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments and services
2)Explain how health and safety is monitored and maintained and how people in the work setting are made aware of risks and hazards and encouraged to work safely
3) Identify sources of current guidance for planning healthy and safe environments and services
4)Explain how current health and safety legislation, policies and procedures are implemented in own work setting or service
5)Demonstrate how to identify potential hazards to the health, safety and security of children or young people, families and other visitors and colleagues
6)Demonstrate ability to deal with hazards in the work setting and in off site visits
7)Undertake a health and safety risk assessment in own work setting or service illustrating how its implementation will reduce risk
8)Explain how health and safety risk assessments are monitored and reviewed
9)Explain why it is important to take a balanced approach to risk management
10Explain the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and young people and health and safety requirements
11)Give example from own practice of asuuporting children or young people to assess and manage risk
12)Explain the policies and procedures of the setting or service in response to accidents
13)Describe the correct procedures for recording and reporting accidents

is it just me or are a lot of the questions repeating themselves e.g. tasks 5,6,7 are all risk -assessment based and hard to know what different evidence to use for each!?!?!?!?!Reply With Quote
*Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 02:52 PM

Hmm, I don't think I've got enough then if you're submitting one for every task! I'm only submitting one or two per learning outcome so there's only 5 of those whereas there's 14 tasks

Oh totally fed up.... going to see the supervisor at school tomorrow and see what she thinks and then just submit it. Worst that can happen is he'll send it back and ask for more I suppose.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaring View Post
hiya! thanks yes thats the address I used. out of principle I emailed,my tutor back and got address!!!! so.assignment 3 in the post to him...id best not get another borderline pass!!!! ive been submitting mainly one piece of evidence per task, two at the most. am now struggling to start assignment 4 as its a hard one when you are not employed as a TA really! x
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

stonenat is on a distinguished road

You don't have to supply evidence for every task, I have passed Assignments 1-5 and certainly have not given evidence for every task. If you need any help at all just shout honey, good luck, i'm sure it's this site that keeps me going on this course, everyone is so lovely and so supportive xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:36 PM

Ah thanks for that Stonenat! It's going to be after the Easter break now before I can submit my assignment because my supervisor at school can't see me till Thursday and we break up then, so will have to type up everything else after that and then take it back in for her to sign the evidence stuff (cos of the page numbers.....) And yes, it is this site that has helped me to even get to the end of assignment one! Thank you so much for the offer! xx