Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 03-16-2019, 06:43 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

utyfly is on a distinguished road
Default Eye 3.9 Ac 1.3

I have been trying to answer as much as I could but I really need some help to correct me if I'm wrong.

Question:
Describe and illustrate key terms linked to neurological and brain development. Use the class activity as a starting point and then summarise in your own words.

Then we were told to illustrate and describe the key terms which I did for three parts only:
- Early development
The brain is created through an on-going process that begins before birth. With the early experiences, there is a small basis of learning such that an early attachment with the mother when she is stroking her tummy and talking to the baby in the womb. The earliest stages are vision and hearing. More neural connections are made throughout the first few years of life when more experiences are gain.

- Neural pruning
This process starts when the infant is around 18 months old and continues throughout early childhood. The neural connections will be reduced in a process called pruning; where the past experiences are eliminated when no longer needs. But it also strengthens the experiences that are still on-going to improve the infant to be more efficient responding.

- Myelinisation
This process helps to increase a child’s brain size and receive and transmit messages faster.

- Brain growth

******Then we were told to give an example of how this will influence you in your practise in summarization.

- Early developement
An infant would stop crying after hearing a familiar voice or sound. Frequent interactions with the infant to allow being familiarized.

- Neural pruning
Actively engaged in social activities with the infant such as calling the infant’s name and to come over from a distance. This encourages growth in the language centre

Please correct me if I'm wrong and I needed some help in the other two as well. :(

-----------------------------------------