Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 09-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

cazzum is on a distinguished road
Default Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.

I have just signed up for this course and wondered if any other Silky Steps users are doing this course and what they think of it. I already have my Level 3 in CYPW, is it similar or more intense?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-12-2012, 10:56 PM

Rubysnana is on a distinguished road

Hello Cazzum, I am new to the forum and also just signed up for this course. I am doing the diploma, it's my first course like this for a long, long time. I've worked in schools for years and finally decided that I should actually get a qualification of some sort. Don't get me wrong, I think I'm pretty good at what I do, but just felt the need to get something official. I am finding it hard to do all the research really but I was told that this first Unit (302) is pretty epic and takes a long while. My folder is going to be internally verified tomorrow at college and I'm really nervous as I still haven't finished this Unit and I have another one outstanding, I've forgotten to note down all the websites I've used and I've not done any reflective accounts either. Panicing? me? yes just a bit. It's going to be a long night tonight.
Nan
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:38 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

your level 3 cypw is your license to practice it is the gold standard level 3 and allows you to work in any setting, the TA courses are specific to schools and only worth doing for interest.
Unread 11-26-2012, 10:02 PM

I have been working in schools for years. Many schools now require an NVQ L3 before they will even interview.
Is the cypw more for working in early years? I am in primary years 3, 4 and 5
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

katenu is on a distinguished road

Hello, the CYPW is only for early years education and reception age children in schools. If you want to work with year = you will need to do your TA course.

Kathryn
Unread 12-03-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
your level 3 cypw is your license to practice it is the gold standard level 3 and allows you to work in any setting, the TA courses are specific to schools and only worth doing for interest.
I hope I don't offend but this reply made me feel like the course I was doing is worthless and the only one worth doing is the CYPW. If the CYPW is only relevant for Early Years and Reception then it is not for me. But to then be told that the course that was recommended to me by my line manager and head teacher is only worth doing 'for interest' makes me feel that the £800 I am paying for the Diploma level 3 NVQ is a total waste, which I can ill afford.

I know that there are others on here doing the NVQ level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. Are they paying for it themselves?
Nan
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

cherrys n strawberries is on a distinguished road
I'm so Loving that course...

Can I just say I've nearly completed the diploma - me! miss unacademic and all I can say is this- Its fantastic!! I have found it so inspirational and challenging and even when working with many age groups, I found that the course covers things that you dont even think about. Its great!:jump:

I've never had a qualification in my life and it doesnt mean Im thick, I just haven't been academic. Decided to give it a go and its all good - not always easy but come on you can do it gals - (and guys)

Can I also just say nothing is worthless - all strings to your bow. Its not your just your qualifications that sing - its your ability to work with some cool little - and big kids and making them shine!!
(currently working at a local college with 16-24 year olds) and training for primary age -

ENJOY THE COURSE - JUST HOPE YOUR TEACHER IS AS INSPIRING AS MINE XX

Oh and Merry Christmas xxx

Last edited by cherrys n strawberries : 12-05-2012 at 11:57 PM.