Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 08-13-2018, 07:26 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

nicola78 is on a distinguished road
Smile Implement a culture of active participation?

Scdccl0d041 maintain effective communication system and practice
Need help with please.

Implement a culture of active participation that enables Children ,key people and others to communicate their preference and needs

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

nenepops is on a distinguished road
Default 401??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola78 View Post
Scdccl0d041 maintain effective communication system and practice
Need help with please.

Implement a culture of active participation that enables Children ,key people and others to communicate their preference and needs
Help too please. Not sure how to start this module?
Unread 10-11-2018, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to the site.

The CCLD 401 National Occupational Standard Maintain Effective Communication Systems and Practice explains active participation as a way of working that regards children and young people as active partners in their own care or support rather than passive recipients. Active participation recognises each child and young person’s right to participate in the activities and relationships of everyday life as independently as possible.

Recognising the reasons why active participation might not occur most effectively will involve your professional knowledge of the barriers to communication relating to the physical environment; to interpersonal relationships and the emotional environment; to working practices; to the availability of resources including human or other aids or assistance; to the limitations of your own or other people’s communication skills or attentiveness; to cultural contexts; to the specific circumstances of the child or young person, including disability, disadvantage, anxiety or distres.

Think about the way your setting organises ways for everyone to communicate - face to face, one to one, group meetings, training and how children's preferences, views and feedback are involved in those processes - the type of activities you plan and why, the routines that happen in the setting and the daily events that children are expected to take part in and to help shape.

Pages 25+ of this NVQ CCLD handbook explore the development of working relationships.

Hope this helps a little xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-12-2018, 12:13 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

nicola78 is on a distinguished road

I wrote for that I provide a inclusive environment in the setting for all children and key people to come in and participate taking into account everyone communication needs. Within my role it is vitally important that am able to communicate at all levels with a wide variety of people this includes children and key people this enable to plan to meet their needs. This information is also past on staff and teachers of the children which help the outcome of the children in the end . I have respect for each person and young person whom I come into contact with and feel that is apparent in my gestures and mannerisms and vocal tones well as in the way that I ensure when requesting something I will always remember to use good manners when parents and key people come to pick up their children I say hello and how their are and say goodbye which builds trust and good relationship with the key people and benefits the children as when working in partnership with each other. After registration was done I did a group discussion with the children about activities and snack that they wanted for this term . I brought my chair to their tables when I talked with the children at their level and used language that was age appropriate for them and that they would understand and shows that I value what they have to say and feel. I showed the children warmth and affection in my tone of voice this will make communication more enjoyable for the children. I give the children time to tell what they want to say. Hope this helps some what .