Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 08-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

wigebo is on a distinguished road
Default Nvq3

Hi
I work 2 to 3 days week with children (playschool) I'm starting my NVQ when we get back. Just wanted to know if there is anything i can start now while i have time off.
any help would be great

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Meleroo is on a distinguished road

Hiya,
Have you met with your assessor yet? Until they give you work really I'm not sure there is much you can do, there seems to be lots of ways they run these things depending on where you are so if you haven't had that initial meeting I'd just enjoy the freedom! I got given loads to do over the hols and I am now at the point where if I never saw an NVQ assignment again I wouldn't be too bothered!
Good luck with it x
Unread 08-05-2010, 04:48 PM

I have not met my assessor yet. I'm looking forward to doing it.
It would have been great to start something.
Unread 08-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twiggy321 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigebo View Post
I have not met my assessor yet. I'm looking forward to doing it.
It would have been great to start something.
hi there are you doing a CCLD LEvel 3 course depending on who your exam board is ie city and guilds if you type in ccld level 3 you should be directed to the relevant website which will give you course content i think it is already on this site. You could then make a start on the knowledge questions - pointer rememeber to link if you can to what you do at work - but otherwise enjoy the freedom
Unread 08-05-2010, 06:06 PM

I think it's city and guilds which I've been looking at.
I was going to write about a day in the life of me at my setting, see what i could fit in snack time allergies etc about snack time kitchen area taken the chidren out at the end of the day?
Unread 08-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to the site, if you're still looking to make a decision on the optional units you can view the level 3 pdfs on cwdc - through this thread.

Other suggestions are to ask if you can have copies of all the setting's policies, procedures, welcome book/prospectus, a list of possible roles and responsibilities, any risk assessments or planning systems in place all these will help familiarise yourself with the operational side of things.
maybe find out who and where your early years department is - take a wander around your local county's website and see what your children's services are all about, you can also take a look at getting to grips with reflective accounts.

Silkysteps has lots of information on many topics you are very welcome to browse through.

I hope you enjoy everything & look forward to hearing how things go.

Ruth
xx
the cost of ad blockers