Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

stonenat is on a distinguished road
Default Evaluate how learning activities have affected practice

Hi guys (or girlies)

In need of some help, question is Evaluate how learning activities have affected practice. I am only volunteering in school to work 4 days a week. So far have completed 4 assignments and passed them however this question is completely getting to me. I do a home study course and my tutor is about as much help as a chocolate teapot!!
As i have not attended any training etc so cannot use this as evidence.

Can anyone suggest any other ideas for me?

Many many thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-05-2013, 12:02 PM

jenmaz2468 is on a distinguished road

Which unit/question does this relate to?
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:13 PM

Personal development, my tutor has suggested i do a professional discussion however as I have not completed any training etc in school not sure what i can base this on. Really have lost heart in this one!! :(

By training i meant any set courses not actually doing nothing LOL
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:00 PM

Default Personal Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonenat View Post
Personal development, my tutor has suggested i do a professional discussion however as I have not completed any training etc in school not sure what i can base this on. Really have lost heart in this one!! :(

By training i meant any set courses not actually doing nothing LOL
Sorry, not sure I can help I am a childminder and was asked to do a personal development plan when covering this topic and then an evaluation was written based on a visit when my assesor came to do a observation on me. I was required to write up what happened during the session while she was here based on EYMP1 2.2. This isn't what you are doing I dont think.

I too am struggling with this course, mainly because I'm currently doing CYP3.3 (Safeguarding) not easy or straight forward at all :-(

If you want a copy of my personal development plan, let me know your e-mail?
x
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:08 PM

Ah thank you so much, I have completed my safeguarding and had it signed off if you need any pointers, it took me ages to complete that one. Have a personal development plan it's just that question and the "Demonstrate use of feedback to evaluate own performance one". As my tutor does not come out to me feel I am constantly bugging people for answers or help or support.

Hope you get on ok and i'm sure i will speak to you very soon! x
Unread 03-05-2013, 03:26 PM

As a childminder I got through this by showing my assesor 'Parent Questionaires' which the parents had completed which asked if I could make changes in differant areas, the only change one set of parents had noted was for me to take holidays during school holidays, when I gave them the questionaire I had just booked a two week holiday abroad in school time. As both parenst are school teachers they were not impressed despite me giving them over twelve month advance warning. When the assesor asked what I did in response, I confirmed I had arranged suitable cover with another local childminder. The assesor was happy with that.....Not sure if that gives you any ideas????