Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 05-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

makilograce is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Playwork level 4 HELP!!!

Hi can anyone help!
ive got to write 250 min on

a definition of a play frame
an explanation of how to identify play cues

so far i have.........35 words!!!!!

can anyone help me in the right direction id appreciate it

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lozcal is on a distinguished road

this is what i have got on the play frame:

A play frame
A play frame is the process or space that is created by play cues and returns. It begins with the children’s play cycle and includes all that allows the play to continue. It can be any size, include anything or resource, with any amount of people that are playing. Staff can be inside or outside the frame, depending on the level of involvement.
It is “a material or non-material boundary that keeps the play intact” (skills active 2004b).
A material boundary could be something physical such as a specific play area, e.g. the home corner or a field where the children are playing. It has set out boundaries that all can see and this can determine the size of play or the amount of people involved; where a non-material boundary could be something imaginary such as a magic circle or and airplane. This generally means that the play and grow and any amount of resources, people or space can be included.
The most important function of the frame is that it provides the context or stage where the play is enacted. The play frame is the holding limitation or boundary for the projected ludic material of the child’s play. It is, in effect, the enclosure for their imaginal expression. It is chosen and initiated by the child and is a retainer for meaning and is a reflective vehicle for this meaning. It has a functional requirement to provide return. The play frame becomes ineffective, ruptured or decayed, when it can no longer offer this return
(http://www.ludemos.co.uk/COLFULLa4%20final%2007.pdf, 27th May 2013, 21.45)
In my setting we are able to support the children’s play frames as necessary, for example, we may maintain a play frame by adopting an appropriate role during the play process, such as a customer in a shop. We also have to be aware that intervention at the wrong time or of the wrong sort can easily end the play cycle before it is finished. For this reason, it is important to intervene only where appropriate or when a play cue has been given.
Different areas in my setting can help predetermine play frames, for example the home corner could be a material play frame for a child playing moms and dads, or the mat area would be a non-material play frame for a child playing dinosaurs.

please bare in mind that it has not been marked so i have no idea if its right or not.

does anyone have any idea on
an explanation through identifying the particular risks that disabled children may face during play (250 words)

or

an explanation of how to assist disabled children to manage risks for themselves (250 words)

or
Types of support a playworker may need to be aware of when with children and young people who are playing (250 words)
i am soo stuck on these and theyre the last ones!