Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > ERR & induction standards

ERR & induction standards Please use this forum to discuss workplace induction standards and employment rights and responsibilities - E.R.R. workbook

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 07-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

louise1981 is on a distinguished road
Default Risk Assesments

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone can help me-I have to answer the following question:

"Give three examples of different types of risks to children in your setting-eg. from their behaviour, from their enviroment and from other people"

I am totally stuck as to where to begin!!

Its on Standard 3, area 6 of the induction workbook.

Thanks xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-20-2011, 10:12 PM

Skyexxx is on a distinguished road

This is what my answers were for that sample question...hope it helps :-)

A) Give three examples of different type of risks to children and young people in your work environment?
From their own behavior - If a child is showing difficult behavior by climbing on the furniture in the play room they may fall and harm themselves.
The environment - The outdoor area has many risks including falling down, nettle stings etc.
Risks from other people - Children that bite, nip, scratch or snatch toys from one another.
Give an example of a way in which you have managed one of these risks which cannot be removed?
One risk that cannot be removed is another child biting, nipping or scratching. As soon as I see a child about to bite, nip or scratch I stop it immediately and explain to the child why it is not nice to do these things. I would encourage them to apologize and separate the children for a short time.
Unread 07-25-2011, 05:54 PM

louise1981 is on a distinguished road

thats fab thats sky-its given me the start i have been waiting for! Its just trying to find the right words to say it!!