Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 06-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

sumler is on a distinguished road
SOS Please help Unit 3.13 support children with additional needs

Hi, I have seen lots of posts on this forum from search results on the internet and it has helped me lots so thank you. I have had this piece of work for way too long now and I'm so behind because of it so I'm hoping someone can help me. I just don't understand what they mean by analyse and evaluate and even the explanations on this page make no sense to me. I'm sure my brain is fried!

I'm stuck on a few things , the first is:

Analyse the impact of biological factors on children’s development.

For which I wrote:
There are lots of biological factors that influence children’s development such as chronic medical conditions, learning difficulties, physical impairment or disability. These factors can influence a child’s development in many ways such as lowering their self-esteem, falling behind due to absences, or their concentration may be affected by medications etc.

But I got it sent back :-( so I have added:

Medical conditions can have an impact on a child’s attendance and they may fall behind as a result. A child with asthma for example, will be more susceptible to illnesses and may be off for longer periods of time to recover. They will likely have an inhaler that they might need to take at the setting, they may feel different because of this and this may lower their self esteem. Other children may tease them for having to take it as they do not understand it themselves. Their medication may affect their concentration, or may make them hyper or confused. Environmental factors can lesson the impact of these biological factors. Schools and early years settings can recognise any absences and plan to spend more time with a child and give them more support. Schools can work in partnership with parents and provide work that a child can complete at home and being positive and educating other children on medical conditions can support their self esteem.
Learning Difficulty can also have an impact on a child’s self-esteem. They may feel different or other children may reject them as they don’t understand so they may not develop social skills. Environmental factors can lesson the impact of these biological factors as an environment that is inclusive can be created, which can support social development and can increase children’s self-esteem. Extra support can be put in place to ensure the child is getting the best that they can.
Physical disability or impairment such as having to use a wheelchair can also lower a child’s self-esteem because they feel different to the other children. If equipment or resources are not suitable or tailored to their needs they can miss out on opportunities to learn. Other areas of development can also be affected. Environmental factors can lesson the impact of these biological factors as settings can make adjustments so that the child can have access to the same resources as the other children and can be more independent in accessing them. Adults can treat the child the same as the other children and not alter their expectations of their learning and can give them the power to make choices. If there is a reason that there might be a developmental delay in another area, adults can focus on those areas to increase the child’s learning.

Is this right now or am I still not getting it?

Then there's: Evaluate inclusive practice in relation to current frameworks from birth to 7 years.

And finally: Task 4 (Assessment criteria 5.1 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 & 6.1)
Please reflect on the children in your own setting and work through the following:
 Identify the individual needs of children in own setting
 Plan activities in partnership with others to meet children’s additional needs.
 Work in partnership with others to provide activities to meet children’s additional needs.
 Work with parents/carers in a way which encourages them to take an active role in their child’s play, learning and development.
 Reflect on own practice in meeting children’s additional needs.
 Critically evaluate the provision for children with additional needs in own setting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-06-2020, 05:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Loufigo is on a distinguished road

thanks this might help me x