Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 09-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jodieii is on a distinguished road
Default 306 to complete the unit...! Yay...!!!

I just need help on a few questions please if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

5. Organise both visual and tactile displays to stimulate childrens curiosity and involvement.
6. Display children’s work in ways that build creativity and self-esteem, focusing on the creative process
not the end product

3. Encourage children to be actively involved in decisions about their environment
4. Organise resources so they are accessible to children and enable choice and independence
5. Use ICT to support play and learning

1. Show that you value children and families and respect their culture, ethnicity, faith, language and
background
2. Help children to be positive about their own cultural backgrounds
4. Make sure you are consistent and fair in the way you deal with children's behaviour
6. Provide flexible routines to support children’s well-being
8. Explain any foreseeable changes to the child’s environment clearly and honestly, providing
reassurance, explanations and comfort for any unforeseen changes
10. Be flexible and responsive to children's changing needs and circumstances
11. Deal positively with conflict that may arise between children or families or colleagues within the setting

Any help with these would be most grateful only one more unit to do after this then i am finished...! Yay..!

Thank you in advance x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-24-2010, 11:22 AM

jodieii is on a distinguished road

Please can anyone not help me on this? x
Unread 09-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieii View Post
I just need help on a few questions please if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

5. Organise both visual and tactile displays to stimulate childrens curiosity and involvement.
6. Display children’s work in ways that build creativity and self-esteem, focusing on the creative process
not the end product

3. Encourage children to be actively involved in decisions about their environment
4. Organise resources so they are accessible to children and enable choice and independence
5. Use ICT to support play and learning

1. Show that you value children and families and respect their culture, ethnicity, faith, language and
background
2. Help children to be positive about their own cultural backgrounds
4. Make sure you are consistent and fair in the way you deal with children's behaviour
6. Provide flexible routines to support children’s well-being
8. Explain any foreseeable changes to the child’s environment clearly and honestly, providing
reassurance, explanations and comfort for any unforeseen changes
10. Be flexible and responsive to children's changing needs and circumstances
11. Deal positively with conflict that may arise between children or families or colleagues within the setting

Any help with these would be most grateful only one more unit to do after this then i am finished...! Yay..!

Thank you in advance x
You have put so many questions in your request - and I'm guessing we all have a time issue - too little time to help with so much. One or two questions at a time, may get more response.

Anyway, I shall try and help you, the questions are not so daunting if you break them up i.e. your first question:

5. Organise both visual and tactile displays to stimulate children's curiosity and involvement.

Organise - how are you going to do it?
visual and tactile - something they can see and touch.
stimulate children's curiosity and involvement - how are you going to encourage them to explore something and get them involved?

This could be any subject, but you may be thinking of autumn, so you could get the children involved by asking them to bring in 'autumn finds' from walks with parents or you may have land or a park where you could all walk and collect conkers, acorns, leaves etc - their finds could be put into/onto a tray from them to touch, feel and look at with magnifying glasses.

The children could do some leaf printing and display their pictures or do some 3d leaf art with dead/dried or fresh leaves.
They can be your visual and tactile displays which you have organised or suggested and the children have got involved by collecting and painting or making crafts.

I hope this helps you to pull apart your questions, which in turn will help you realise that you are doing all the above at your setting - to give you the answers.

Last edited by Heidi : 09-24-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: missing word
Unread 11-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

maryann is on a distinguished road

i need help with unit 306.3.8 how do you Explain foreseeable changes to child +ressure them in inforseeable changes? plsss i need help
Unread 11-21-2010, 11:08 PM

lucylocket78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann View Post
i need help with unit 306.3.8 how do you Explain foreseeable changes to child +ressure them in inforseeable changes? plsss i need help
i am just about to do this assignment myself! my assessor told me to write about for example, transition into shool is forseeable and we talk to them about the changes to reassure them. Unforseeable could be where a parent has phoned because they are running late and cant pick up so are sending a friend or relative. its just about how to reassure the child. hope this helps!!