Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Nikinoo is on a distinguished road
Default 308 K3d316

Please could anybody give me some help, i've got the book by Penny Tassoni but am finding it hard to write down an answer for this, i have 3 seperate questions for this 1.Why is it important not to ever judge children, and why comments in response should be directed at observed behaviour rather than towards the child: 2. How judging children can affect their levels of resilience and positive self-esteem: 3. The effects of low self-esteem, lack of resilience and confidence can have on their ability to learn:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Anna38 is on a distinguished road

sorry but I gave you wrong answer :(

Last edited by Anna38 : 06-08-2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: wrong answer
Unread 06-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lea is on a distinguished road

For K3D316 i put this:
If a child exhibits unwanted behaviour, I would say ‘we don’t like that behaviour in nursery’ (or words to that effect) not that the child is bad. The child is not bad or naughty, this could lead to self-esteem issues if they were told this a lot and the child would continue to behave in that way. This is the link with self-esteem.
Children need praise and to feel special and they will want to keep getting this, so will behave in a more positive manner to get the praise and attention.
If a child presents unwanted behaviour and gets a ‘telling off’ and never any praise the only attention they are getting is been told off. This is better than nothing so the child will continue to present this behaviour for ‘attention’. Of course this can lead to self esteem issues and this is no good for the child. Therefore what members of staff must do is continuously praise and reward good behaviour and big point of praising the child who often shows unwanted behaviour.
There are many factors that can affect a child’s resilience at different ages for instance the pressure to do well in school, or been able to fit in. Family can also influence this in a way such as if a family is breaking up or if a lone parent wants to bring a new partner into the family unit. The area in which a child is brought up in may also be a factor in this. There may be high crime rates in the form of anti social behaviour or drug related crime. TV and radio can also be a factor in this as it can make children feel under pressure to have a certain toy or eat certain types of food.
In all cases a child will need support to make them more resilient, in the form of listening to the child and letting them know you are there to talk to.

My questions are worded different to yours but i linked about three of the questions in this one unit to this answer hop it helps