Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 06-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

s_watty_s is on a distinguished road
Help please!!

im doing me tech certificate n am on me first assignment n am strugglin alreadi...
its me unit 3 assignment...

E2-Describe how the physical layout of the environment can be organised to meet the needs of all the children

*Explain how you can ensure the environment meets the needs of all children i.e children in a wheelchair.. give examples
*Explain how by ensuring all children have accessto toys etc helps to meet the needs of the children. you should consider how they can reach them safely - give examples of how this can be done
*ensure the environment meets the childrens care routines-access to bathroom- why do they need this- where should it be?
*think about having an open plan room- why is this important. if you had a room with different areas behind corners what could happen?
*ANTI-BIAS- consider the different ages of children that child care workers can care for - explain how the rooms would be set up differently to care for their individual needs_babies/toddlers/nursery/school/after-school)

not good at doin these essays.. never bin good at english so if you have an idea of what i could write, it would b really helpful
thanxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_watty_s View Post
im doing me tech certificate n am on me first assignment n am strugglin alreadi...
its me unit 3 assignment...

E2-Describe how the physical layout of the environment can be organised to meet the needs of all the children

*Explain how you can ensure the environment meets the needs of all children i.e children in a wheelchair.. give examples
*Explain how by ensuring all children have accessto toys etc helps to meet the needs of the children. you should consider how they can reach them safely - give examples of how this can be done
*ensure the environment meets the childrens care routines-access to bathroom- why do they need this- where should it be?
*think about having an open plan room- why is this important. if you had a room with different areas behind corners what could happen?
*ANTI-BIAS- consider the different ages of children that child care workers can care for - explain how the rooms would be set up differently to care for their individual needs_babies/toddlers/nursery/school/after-school)

not good at doin these essays.. never bin good at english so if you have an idea of what i could write, it would b really helpful
thanxx
Children in wheelchairs need space, to get in and out of the setting and be able to access activities.

Access to toys/activities - if they are unable to get down to a floor toy - bring it to them by lifting up to a table/tray/position they can reach and are comfortable to play with where you have placed it - place it where they are with other children- for inclusion and interaction - not stuck in a corner somewhere - discrimatory at worse, thoughtless at best.
This goes for all your actitivies/toys - if they can't play/access them - how are you going to include them i.e. if you have gymnastic ribbons/wands you could also provide ribbon rings - ones with a band to be placed around wrists or rings with shorter ribbons to shake - also ideal for smaller and/or younger children.

Toys/equipment meeting the children's needs and abilities - if they are unable to grasp small pencils/chalks etc - provide chunky ones; same with threading - chunky beads, thicker thread to help and encourage them. Provide puzzles with pegs/knobs for ease of lifting and placing into place.

Environment must suit or be adapted to accomodate all children, so if a child is in a wheelchair - are they able to move freely around the room? If there are things lying around or the room has corners here/corners there - how are you going to make it safe, so that children are not colliding into each other? - so room layout is very important.

If you do not have a specific disabled toilet are they large enough for a child in a wheelchair to access?

How do you help all children accept others that maybe different to them?
By sharing and celebrating different culture - we all share in birthdays by singing 'Happy Birthday' and others may celebrate Chinese New Year or Divali, so we celebrate those too.

We can look at at our differences - we all have different coloured eyes, hair and skin - but we all talk, walk, etc.
This may lead to questions why 'Polly' is in a wheelchair and you will be honest but remember 'age and stage' appropriate when answering 'Polly can't walk because... ..., but she stills likes to join in dancing when we put the music on.
This builds up a positive picture for the children about people all being 'different' but also 'the same' and helps and encourages them to celebrate diversity.

It builds positive images of everyone in their mind - including themselves.

Hopefully the above will get you thinking how best you can adapt your rooms to suit the needs of different ages you have mentioned..
Think about what they need at different ages and then ask yourself - how am I going to/how can I make that possible?
Unread 06-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

s_watty_s is on a distinguished road

thank you for replyin .. its givin me somewhere to start and some good points to write about thanxx