Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 09-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

KerryJSullie is on a distinguished road
Default Childhood essay

just started my foundation degree in September been given 4 assignments to do by November, one is what is childhood. can anyone give me any advice on this topic and what theroists relate to it.
thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

portchesterqueen is on a distinguished road

Hi, What they are probably looking for is how a child sees the world that it is in and what it is getting from it at different stages. Basically there are stages in childhood, these are toddlerhood, early childhood, middle childhood and adolescence. Toddlerhood would be learning to walk, early childhood would be play, middle childhood, school age and adolescence, post puberty. I would think they want you to say a little about each stage. Theorists you might want to look at: Piaget, Vygotsky, Gardner, Maslow and Sigmund Freud.

Hope this is of help
portchesterqueen

Last edited by portchesterqueen : 09-30-2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: forgot to add theorists
Unread 10-01-2010, 07:23 PM

KerryJSullie is on a distinguished road

Hi thanks for that, but they want me to write a essay on Childhood by the therorists and using historical and sociological perspectives. Would what you said be part of this
Unread 10-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

portchesterqueen is on a distinguished road

Hi, to be honest I am not totally sure. I would have read it as picking one particular theorist say like Freud, then possibly look back at what he said about children and the sociological perspective for that time and if they want it compared to today then say how things have changed. If I was that unsure I would e-mail my tutor and ask them to clarify. Somebody on here might be able to help better than I can as I wouldn't want to send you down the wrong path. Good luck with it and let me know how you get on.
Portchesterqueen
Unread 10-02-2010, 11:24 PM

Meena is on a distinguished road

Hi Kerry,
i have just started my fd too. we talked about this topic in lecture the other day. i think what they want you to write about is how childhood has changed over the years...like what it was 40 years ago? and what its like now? how theorists have changed the view of children in society? i hope this helps xxxx