Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 03-31-2008, 07:40 PM
spoddy

Default soap flakes

hello,

This is my first post here so i hope I have got it in the right place.

I want to use soap flakes at toddler group this week and remembered reading a better way of dissolving them- seem to think it was using hot water and doing them the night before so that they set.

Is this the best way and does anyone know what ratio flakes:water it is?

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-31-2008, 07:45 PM
lulu10

You leave them over night and they set to slime add warm water when mixing them.
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi & welcome to Silkysteps.

I've not used Soap flakes before and would love to know how this goes

Are flakes the same as grating up a normal bar of soap & maybe leaving it to soak ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

I have used soap flakes before, it wasn't quite what i expected, just make sure when you dispose of it that you do not put it down the sink. Wrap in news paper and dispose of in the bin. I read the small print when it was to late i blocked the sink and extending pipes big time. Still didn't learn my lesson though, ran out of normal soap powder thought I'd use the left over soap flakes followed the instruction but disaster struck the washing machine blocked up then. Very expensive lessons were learned and not by the children
Unread 03-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

eek !!
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-01-2008, 04:20 PM
noah

You can used grated soap for this, baby soap works well and children love the grating of the soap as much as the mixing. we just mix with warm water using a whisk, or rather the children do so they see the whole process from start to finish.
Unread 04-05-2008, 03:10 PM
spoddy

Thanks, I did 2 parts warm water to 1 part flakes, whisked and set them overnight. They were a great success with most of the children.
Unread 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

charlotte1001 is on a distinguished road

ive never dont this before or even heard of it but it sounds great!!! can someone give me some instructions on exactly what to do please?