Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 07-14-2008, 07:16 PM
nuttynik

Default 305.3.5: performance criteria using a story about stranger danger

Hello! it's been so long since I've asked for help that I couldn't remember how to start a new thread, only taken me 20 minutes to figure it out! :blush:
Anyway, I stupidly told my assessor that I was going to cover this pc with a story about stranger danger, think I can find one? NO!
Was hoping that she might forget but no, she 'reminded' me today
Any help would be great, we had 2 community police officers come in last week and talk to year 3, I sat in on it (I work in year 1) they were absolutely rubbish! Kids were not impressed either! Pc is - Help children to protect themselves from abuse. I could do it in circle time but I thought a story might be better for the age group. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I wont let on to you that I've been on loads of child protection courses and have decided to go to uni next year to do social work degree so i can work in CHILD PROTECTION! Not a very good start is it?! Thanks in advance you wonderful people!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

red riding hood emphasising on her talking to the strange wolf and thats how he found out where she was going etc

hansel and gretel going into the stranger witches house

snow white taking the apple

or make up a story possibly use a lot of repetition

maybe do an action story/song something like:
going on a walk see a stranger dont stop and talk
going on a walk in the street if a stranger offers you some dont talk and dont take a sweet
going on a walk in the street not very far if a stranger asks you to dont talk dont take a sweet and dont get in the car
going on a walk in the street not very far people around may not be as nice as they seem if you are grabbed by a stranger screem!
Unread 07-14-2008, 08:15 PM
nuttynik

Thank you so much, it was quite obvious really wasn't it! Such a plank! Thank you once again, may I ask what qualification you did, you said on a previous thread that you didn't do this one and I was just interested because you know a hell of a lot! and I'm probably being nosey! :sorry:
Unread 07-14-2008, 08:28 PM

i did CACHE child care and education level 3 and also child care in GCSE but to be truthful i only attended about half of the course lol aced it though. iv always loved being around kids and gained a lot of my knowlege from experiance as my mum was a foster carer so iv grew up around kids. plus when i learn something it sticks instantly so i know a lot of theorists etc from memory.

Really the questions you lot get are just made to look fancy if your able to brake it down and decide in english what its asking its far easier to answer.

your not being nosey if you have anything else you want to know feel free to ask or pm me
Unread 07-14-2008, 09:44 PM
nuttynik

Hey SomeoneSpecial, have sent you a pm. x
Unread 07-14-2008, 10:25 PM

replied
Unread 08-13-2008, 01:47 PM
kellz

ps if you contact the nspcc on line they send you out a safe communities folder very good for hand outs to parents