Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Discover the different ways that children learn

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jacquiharbinson is on a distinguished road
Help SOS staff meetings

Thanks for your reply. I held a staff meeting on Monday with 15 things to discuss. It went v well with staff interacting with each other and myself. One questioned if outside play would be part of programme every day but then had been forewarned she has an aversion to outside play and will do utmost to get out of being outside! Then discussed routine of day and as I was happy with it at present and want it to continue although would like to have idea of back up if weather should mean we do have to come indoors rather than returning to simply free play do little group session using variety of things like dance arts and creative baking gardening and so on. As I am in NI the Minimum Standards are our rule book so in future will put an aspect from this on the agenda. Plan to do short meetings each week. I have to do one next Wednesday for observation for Level 5 so at least had first one under my belt this week.