Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 05-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Kmcb is on a distinguished road
Default Cyp 3.4.4

Hello all,
I was just wondering if someone could please give me some guidance on a couple of questions that are confusing me

3.4.4 Explain the policies and procedures of the setting or service in response to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness.

3.4.4 Identify the correct procedures for recording and reporting accidents, incidents, injuries, signs of illness and other emergencies.

They both seem similar to me. I'm just worried that when I'm answering the first question that it will already include how we record and report accidents etc in my setting as part of this, but don't want to repeat myself when answering the second question. Any guidance would be greatly received!!!

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

misssparkles is on a distinguished road

Hi, I would find your settings policies and procedures and refer to those, stating which policies/procedures relate to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness, and talk about what these policies say, for instance, my setting has a infection control policy, and a policy for accidents and injuries, as well as a health and safety policy. Basically, describe what the related policies tell you you should be doing.
For the second question, I would say how you would record accidents, incidents, etc, which paper work to use, where the information is stored, including a step by step outlining what you do in such circumstances.
Basically, the two will overlap slightly, the first wanting you to explain what you do, and what you must make sure you do (through use of various policies), and the second wanting you to identify how you carry out what the policies say.

I hope this helps
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:48 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

the first one is about your setting the second about the setting and law but mostly law like riddor and the notifiable diseases. you dont just do what you have to do in the first one, who else do you tell/inform
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Kmcb is on a distinguished road

Thank you ladies for your guidance. I have now had this assignment signed off.....phew :jump: