Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 01-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

donna79 is on a distinguished road
Smile 337.2 pc4

hi i looking for some help on 337.2 q4 and 6. i only have these 2 to do and then i can get ths unit signed off. have been writing for the last 4 hours and have mind block. please help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna79 View Post
hi i looking for some help on 337.2 q4 and 6. i only have these 2 to do and then i can get ths unit signed off. have been writing for the last 4 hours and have mind block. please help
What are the questions?
I'm sure someone may help if they know what they are.
Unread 01-01-2011, 06:43 PM

hi the questions are
4) set limits and firm boundries as agreed wth children, other professionals colleagues and families.

6) encourage co-operation and problem solving between children.

i know they really simple ones but i just cant get my head around them, they driving me insane
Unread 01-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna79 View Post
hi the questions are
4) set limits and firm boundries as agreed wth children, other professionals colleagues and families.

6) encourage co-operation and problem solving between children.

i know they really simple ones but i just cant get my head around them, they driving me insane
How do you set limits?
Well, it's pretty much the same for every group - there are usually codes of conduct, rules and boundaries - and how do these come about ?- by everyone agreeing on them. If we didn't have some sort of structure, there'd be mayhem everywhere.

With children you may talk to them at circle time about how we all treat each other with respect (obviously use appropriate age and stage language), how we are kind, share etc.

In these discussions you can encourage them to join in and ask them how they can be kind, helpful etc - the older children may know and the younger ones will use them (and practitoners behaviour/language etc) as role models.

It's pretty much the same with adults except we have learnt certain niceties, but we usually have common grounds and rules for wherever we are, so at work firstly we will have our contract, policies, procedures and code of professional conduct: we will have open and mutually respectful meetings, we will have a common objective and we all work together for the benefit of the child with colleagues, other professionals and families.

How do you encourage co-operation and problem solving between children. Providing resources such as a rocking boat will need 2-4 children cooperating to get it moving, providing other resources such as blankets, picnic baskets, dolls and teddies for them to play co-operatively.

How do you help children problem solve?

By not stepping in too soon - allowing them to try whatever they are attempting but stepping in before they either become frustrated i.e. if they are attempting a puzzle and are so frustrated they give up or get angry and throw the pieces - step in with encouragement and help.

If they are squabbling over who is going to push the only pram the setting has (or a certain colour etc) watch and see if they sort it out first, one child may suggest that they push it round first (with the other child holding on to the handle) if they both agree, they are learning to solve and sort their own problems out. If they are unable to, you can step in and suggest the same and explain how we all have to take turns when there is only one thing they both want etc..
Your talk at circle time about cooperating, sharing, respecting etc will help them understand the above - but theory is always different to practice and they have to experience these things to learn what it's all about.

I hope these examples help you a little.
Unread 01-02-2011, 01:19 AM

Thank you so much for this. It really helped me. thank you again