Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 11-19-2008, 08:50 PM
cocobutter

Help SOS Help unit 303 - K3D210/K3D213

Evening all

I'm really sorry, I am new to this site in the hop ethat somebody maybe able to help. I have been trying for two weeks to answer the above two questions but just don't get it!

The questions are as follows:
K3D210 – How current theories of play can inform practice. List three theorists observe & record possible links to your own practice.

K3D213 – There are competing theories of how children develop & how current theoretical views influence practice.

My assessor has said that I can link them together, but i'll be really hinest & say that I am so compleatly stuck, I have not a single word written yet & i'm panicing like mad

If anybody at all could help, i'd be so grateful x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-19-2008, 09:01 PM
SNOW WHITE

havent tackled this one yet myself but know what its like when your mind goes blank. if you put the knowlege numbers in the search ( top right) then it may come up with some helpful links good luck.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Hannahlg

my asser told me to get a book cold how children learning and to do a reading long on it for k3d213
Unread 11-20-2008, 06:59 PM
SNOW WHITE

i have got a book called childrens care learning and development, for the nvq 3 by miranda walker. yeah it is pretty good. but sometimes you ned someone to translate the questions first.lol.xxxxxxxx
Unread 11-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Madlou is on a distinguished road

Hi - Can't help with K3D210 but for k3D213 we had to write about 8 of the theorists - Piaget, Vygotsky, Bruner, Bandura, Freud, Pavlov, Skinner & Susan Greenfield.

I think that apart from the development chart for K2D217, this was the biggest part of 303. Really interesting but lots of work. We just had to write about the theorists individually - I wrote roughly one A4 side on each of them, and others in my college group seem to have done the same.

I would think that you would need to get this part done first so that you can then do K3D210. It is possible to link the 2 together because you could choose 3 that you think are reflected in your setting and add this into the piece you write about that theorist. JUst make sure that you reference it for both knowledge elements at the top of each page and then down the left-hand side you can also mark where what you have written is for K3D213 or K3D210....AT least this is how my tutor has told us to mark things if we are combining units in a single piece of work.

Hope this helps,...even if only a little.
Unread 02-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Kateyboo

Hiya, I have a book called child developement by carolyn meggit and it has all about the theroists in there, im hoping it will help as im about to start this one too !
Unread 02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
kerri

Wide Eyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madlou View Post
Hi - Can't help with K3D210 but for k3D213 we had to write about 8 of the theorists - Piaget, Vygotsky, Bruner, Bandura, Freud, Pavlov, Skinner & Susan Greenfield.
I was going to write about the theorists and after each theorists write how there theories currently inform practice ie Skinner repeated behaviour for rewards, I use sticker charts and praise or Bandura modeling behavior.
but i didn't know what other theorists to write about so you have helped me!

Kerri
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:39 AM
kerri

I have just bought the book 'How children learn' by Linda Pound
It gives information on theorists writing, theory, putting theory into practice and their influence.
Looks really good I think this is the book Hannahlg was refering to
Kerri
Unread 04-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

FionaB is on a distinguished road

K3D210 and K3D213 i need help with can any 1 help
i new to this site
Unread 04-28-2009, 05:11 PM
melanieabigail2004

Do K3D213 first and write about the different theorists. This is covered in the CCLD Book by Penny Tassoni. Once you have covered the likes of Bruner, Skinner, Vygotsky, Bandura etc you can then link their findings to present day:-

Skinner - reward charts and other positive reinforcement techniques

Vygotsky: - developed a concept called proximal development which centres on the idea that adults help children to learn and that children help each other. Guiding children to look for answers by imitating what they see in others, listening to instruction and working as part of a group all provide opportunities for them to expand their current base of knowledge.

Bruner: - developed spiral curriculum which makes us believe that children learn through discovery with direct assistance by adults to encourage them to return to activities time and time again which would develop and extend there learning. His theory is used today as children have plenty of opportunity for free play and child initiated activities which forms the majority of the day under the EYFS framework.

Bandura – developed the social learning theory which is basically learning through watching others. By setting a good example and modelling good behaviour children will learn how to behave appropriately.

There are other theorists that you can cover aswell.

If you try and do K3D210 first its near on impossible!

HTH

Mel