Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 04-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

alison19 is on a distinguished road
Default 2.2 Adapting communication

If their is a disagreement between a colleague and a pupil what will you do and how will you adapt the way you communicate with them also another question is there is a disagreement between two of your colleagues and the situation is getting worse what will you do. Any help would be appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kerry-lou is on a distinguished road

imagine a work colleague was standing over a child and really shouting at them and this child was crying. would you just stand there? would you ask if everything is ok? would you report it to a senior member of staff?

same as the two work colleagues. imagine they were both standing there shouting and screaming at each and you think it might kick off soon. would you just stand there? would you ask if everything is ok? would you report it to a senior member of staff?
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:11 PM

thank you
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:42 PM

leason1980 is on a distinguished road

How would you deal with a disagreement between the practitioner and a child/young person?
To deal with a disagreement between a practitioner and a child I would firstly try to reassure the child if they were upset. I would then ask the child the explain exactly what happened without asking any leading questions so that I could build up a picture of what may have resulted in the disagreement. I could possibly give them a scenario to look at and maybe ask if they felt they did the right thing or how would ‘that’ have made them feel if someone did ‘that’ to them. My final step would be to go and inform the practitioner involved to see what happened and to make them aware that the child has informed me about their disagreement and how they were feeling about what had happened. If I had any further concerns from there I would speak to the head teacher.

If the disagreement was between me and the child I would talk strategies for example if the child was refusing to complete her work I could implement a time strategy saying ‘when you have finished your work you can go and play on the choice table’. Hopefully this would spur her on to continue her work in order to get something she wants to do at the end. I would be encouraging her at all times and supporting her in any way that I can. However, if she was still refusing to complete her work then she would be reminded of the rules and be placed on a number one for not co – operating. I would then inform the class teacher of this who will then decide what to do next. I would also ask the teacher for any help or advice on how to deal with this situation in the future effectively.
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:52 PM

thanks