Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums

Early Years Discussion Forums share and read professional working experiences from the UK EYs sector and further afield. CYPW learners and Early Years Educators, preschool practitioners, reception and KS1 teachers, childminders, parents and playworkers a very warm welcome to you all

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 03-25-2019, 04:52 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jaded123 is on a distinguished road
Default Dissertation - Please help by filling out my questionnaire for my dissertation research

Dissertation - Please help by filling out my questionnaire for my dissertation research

Title of Study: Perceptions of professionals and parents on the current compulsory school starting age in England.

Name of Researcher: Jade Dickson

Dear Participants,

I am currently an undergraduate student at Newcastle College, study for a BA (Hons) Degree in Children and Young People, as part of this I will be researching professionals and parent’s perceptions on the current compulsory school starting age in England. Data received from carrying out this research will be used in my final dissertation.

The aim of this research project is to explore professionals and parents views on the current compulsory school starting age in the UK. The project will also investigate if participants believe the current formal teaching in schools for children aged 4 and 5 is appropriate or if more children would benefit from an alternative curriculum such as a play based curriculum until a later age. Unlike the majority of other countries, in the UK the compulsory school starting age is 5.

The research will involve completing a questionnaire relating to the aims outlined above and should take no more than 15 minutes of your time to complete. Some questions may include personal information to give the researcher an idea of your background but all completed questionnaires will be kept confidential throughout the research project and will be secured, stored and disposed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. You have the right to remain anonymous and also have the right to withdraw from the research, if you wish to do so.

Finally, if you have any questions regarding this research or would like to withdraw, please feel free to email me on S1126042@ncl-coll.ac.uk.

If you are willing to participate in the research, please click on the link below.
Thank you for taking time to read this thread and complete the questionnaire.
https://forms.gle/MBHZKqrzMBCf3MYX7

-----------------------------------------