Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 01-01-2009, 09:41 PM
pinkknickers

Default Activity to help children be aware of their own bodies.

Happy New year to anyone and everyone!!!!:rotfl:
Please can anyone help with ideas for an activity to help children be aware of their bodies and how to protect themselves.
I think all the festive drinks have pickled my brain

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Charleys Cat

Depends what you want out of it, but one thing we do is get the children to draw their own faces by looking in mirrors and realsing they have 2 eyes 2 ears etc and drawing themselves on paper they quite enjoy doing this, as for the other, we do things like chat to the children whilst hand washing we have a germ buster poster in the wash room and and it has the stages of hand washing and we chat whilst washing as to why we wash out hands, and about the germs going down the plug hole and not into our tummies etc., also we recently had the Lollipop Lady in as it was Road Safety Week talking to the children about How to Protect themselves and Keep themselves safe and we made Traffic Lights with Children depends on what angle you want to come from. Hope the above is of some help if think about anything else will let you know,
Unread 01-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi,

A gentle activity could be drawing around hands & collaging mittens & gloves to cover them .. alternatively & if you have time ask for donations of mittens & gloves - all shapes and sizes and have a dressing up activity.

Who can match up pairs - colours, numbers. Chat about what gloves are used for .. protection against the cold & wind. How some materials help prevent hands getting wet, dirty & chapped ..
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-03-2009, 03:01 PM
pinkknickers

Thanks for you help. Not sure what direction I'm supposed to take, its for my assessor to do obs on me. She mentioned stranger danger, crossing road ,who to talk to if their lost. I'm just worried about frightening the children and then having an anger mob of parents to deal with, but then my assessor could do obs on dealing with parents and forms of communication.
Unread 01-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

lol

any activity that provides the children with an ability to protect themselves against something gives them the confidence to deal with situations.

Choose something you're happy to prepare & deliver, and know that you'll enjoy doing ..

Chinese new year begins on January 26th this year do you have any Children that would like looking at how fireworks make them feel and react - the noise, smell and colours ?

How, if they feel unsure about anything they can ask for help & explanations .. craft firework paintings - fiction & non fiction story books to see celebrations in action ..

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

gemkaikay is on a distinguished road

I told the children a story about stranger danger in winnie the pooh, it did not seem to scare the children but just explained that there are nice strangers and not so nice strangers, i passed xx
Unread 01-16-2009, 12:04 AM
pinkknickers

can u remember the title of the winnie the pooh story?
Unread 01-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

gemkaikay is on a distinguished road

Not off the top of my head but will deffo look for you today!!! It came in a set of about 30 books! If not I will type the story on ere for you and you can tell the story using your own pictures maybe???? xx
Unread 01-16-2009, 12:00 PM
pinkknickers

your a star!!! that would be a great help.