Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 04-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kerry-lou is on a distinguished road
Help SOS cyp 3.7 - 4.1

4.1. Explain the meaning of equality, diversity and inclusion in the context of positive outcomes for children and young people.

can anyone help me please? im not looking for the answer i just need to know what i need to write about?

im really confused. do i just need to write the meanings of equality diversity and inclusion??

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Hi,
For this i think it is asking for the importance of the meanings when thinking about the outcomes children must try to achieve, so examples could help back up your understanding of this within your role.
So for children and young people to achieve positive outcomes, you have to look at meeting their individual needs. This is where equality, diversity and inclusion plays an essential part. For example, a child with a vision impairment, how do you make sure that they have equal opportunities to participate within the setting and the activities - what resources or support do you do/ put in place to make sure that child is included, i'm sure you wouldn't make that child sit out and watch the other children do it...
How about if a child has a dietary requirement or doesn't eat certain foods because of a religious belief? Do you give a substitute or provide food all can eat?
If a child or adult struggles to read displays or written information gave out, how else do you pass on this information?
By doing this we are promoting inclusive practice, we are ensuring all children, young people and adults are actively participating within the setting and the service you provide without excluding due to a characteristic, such as, religion, disability, gender etc. When actively participating, children are provided the opportunity to achieve the positive outcomes to help them develop their full potential.

Hope this helps
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Angelikac77 is on a distinguished road
Default :)

Diversity is about valuing individual difference. So 'diversity' is much more than just a new word for equality. A diversity approach aims to recognise value and manage difference to enable all employees to contribute and realise their full potential. Diversity challenges us to recognise and value all sorts of differences in order to make our environment a better place for everyone to work.

Equality is about making sure people are treated fairly and given fair chances. Equality is not about treating everyone in the same way, but it recognises that their needs are met in different ways. Equality focuses on those areas covered by the law, namely the key areas of race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender and Age. People must not be unfairly discriminated against because of any of these factors and we must all contribute to creating a positive workplace and service delivery environment where discriminatory practices and discrimination no longer happen.

Inclusion is about ensuring that children and young people, whatever their background or situation, are able to participate fully in all aspects of the life in school. It is not about viewing everyone as the same or providing the same work, but about providing the same opportunities and access to a high quality of education.
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:15 PM

thanks LKP and Angelikac77 xx
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Angelikac77 is on a distinguished road

No problem, if you find an answer for the next question 4.2 could you send me cause I didn't find yet...
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM

with what information i got of here i wrote the following but ive got no idea if its right or not!

My setting is a church of England primary school and it recognises its responsibility to
treat equally, each person who comes into contact with the school and provides excellent equipment and resources to enable children to be included and the correct training of staff.

This is regardless of gender, age, race, culture, ability, disability or religious belief. For example, we have a child whose religion is Muslim, which means they cant eat pork, so when the child has school dinners and pork is on the menu, the school cook will make the child something he can eat. We also have a child in the school who has problems with her legs and can not sit on the floor in assemblies like the other children, so she is given a chair to sit on so she doesn’t miss out.

Although it’s a church of England school, and we follow the Christian religion, we also celebrate different religious celebrations such as Diwali and make lamps, we also celebrate the Chinese new year and make Chinese lanterns.

We have wall displays about others counties and provide many books on other cultures and religions in the library and we display the children’s work they have done for their parents to see.

We adapt activities to meet the needs of the child and also adapt ways of communicating including visual aids, body language, and speaking slower and face-to-face. Speech therapists promote this by providing different types of communicating methods with the child and the parents.

Behavioural support will come into school and give information and advice on the best ways to tackle bad behaviour and they will also work with the parents/carers.

Education support services will monitor attendance and provide a link between school, parent/carers and pupils where necessary and they will develop a supportive relationship between them. They will give advice on issues such as bullying and also they will take legal action against parents/carers if their child is not accessing an education.

All these services aim to promote positive outcomes for all children and parents/carers.
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Bubbles11 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS cyp3.7-4.2

Hi,

Did you come to a conclusion on 4.2? Compare, giving examples, ways in which services for children, young people and their carers take account of and promote equality, diversity and inclusion to promote positive outcomes.

My lesson plan suggests that I should look up for example,dyslexia website and young minds website and see how they promote equality etc. BUT, if I look at previous threads they seem to use their settings policies as an example!!

Very confused and could do with some help, please.
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:37 PM

hia bubbles11 what i wrote for 4.2 is above your comment. it dont make sense but hey lol x