Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 02-18-2018, 03:56 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Aadilah is on a distinguished road
Default How to explain the term holistic development and interdependence of learning area?

Hi all,
Hope you well. Could anyone be kind enough to advise what this question means ....have hit a wall and just cant understand...

"Explain the term holistic development n provide detailed explanation of expected patterns of children age birth to 7 and the interdependency of different areas "

Any assistance would be highly appreciated .

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-18-2018, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, glad you made it in okay :)

What is meant by the term holistic development - this is all areas of development, seeing the child as a whole unique individual.

For more information this thread may help https://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21314

As development is different for one child to another eg. for physical development one child may walk at 12 months old another walks at 18 months old, both children are considered 'normal' and fits within a pattern of expected development ie. sits up unaided, maybe crawls or bottom shuffles, stands up unaided, walks, runs, jumps and hops.

You will need to research holistic/all development, has your tutor recommended a handbook to help with this?

This handbook has useful information for development (but may not be linked to your course) search inside the preview on amazon for the words 'expected development' and click where it says page 46. Page 232 explains interdependency.

This child development book is also good reading, it's possible your setting has a copy you can ask to borrow.

Forum thread on child development

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-18-2018, 05:42 PM

Aadilah is on a distinguished road

Thanks a tonne for the explanation. I will definetly look into that. Sadly i decided to do the level 3 theory only and now feel it was a mistake. Not much support from college. I am glad that i can get some assistance via your platform and its truly appreciated.
Unread 03-06-2018, 04:31 PM

Harini2929 is on a distinguished road

Hi

im finding it hard to understand this question

2.2 what is meant by the term "holistic development "

provide a detailed explnation of children's holistic development from birth to seven years consider

* expected patterns of development for children from birth to seven years
*neurological and brain development in children
*the interdependency of different areas of development

what do i write in this and what should i explain please help
Unread 03-08-2018, 11:58 AM

Harini2929 is on a distinguished road

hi please help me to answer this question
Unread 03-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi you need to look into holistic development and then write what you know about it.

What book or materials has your tutor recommended that you use to research this?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-12-2019, 12:40 PM

Nicola* is on a distinguished road

Hi, I’m on this unit now and struggling �� I have also don’e only theory and it’s harder than I thought