Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Assessor & tutor forum

Assessor & tutor forum Continuing professional development. This forum is openly available to all looking for help and information on the A1 - Assessor Award. Supporting CYPW CCLD NVQ candidates and others undertaking professional qualification.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 08-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Titch79 is on a distinguished road
Advice please?!?!

Hi, would really appreciate some advice - I'm a Higher Level Teaching Assistant with 12 years experience (mainly in Foundation Stage). I am employed in the role of Teaching Assistant Coordinator, managing a team of 8 TA's........ I am also doing my A1 Assessors Award, hopefully to finish by November. I've been looking at CCLD Assessor vancancies over the last few days, and am now worrying that I am not going to be able to get a job as I have no experience. Am I being realistic in hoping that someone will employ me - I really do believe I would make a great Assessor??????:

Last edited by Titch79 : 08-27-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: smiley face did not appear - just the word??

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Well you would have assessed as part of the A1, also you need to consider your other expereinces too, you have a whole tranferable skills set to offer.

xxx
Unread 09-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

haylock98 is on a distinguished road

Like yourself I have had over 12 years experience working in the childcare sector and felt that I had the relevant skills, knowledge and experience to make a good assessor. I decided to complete the NVQ 4 CCLD and have now completed my A1 award. I am due to start my new job in october as an assessor, it's your own experience and knowledge in your current role employers are looking for, with out it you could'nt be an assessor! and you would have gained experience in assessing your current learners for your A1.
Good luck, I am sure you will find a job soon X
Unread 09-20-2009, 01:50 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

your work is your experience. the most important thing. my dh is assessing now whilst doing his A1 he has never done an nvq but been in the role for years. hes earning great money go for it! our college always need assessors esp STLS and ta ones. i personally wouldn't employ you as a ccld assessor as you haven't done childcare your background is education and it is completely different . but theres loads of nvqs for TAs you could also teach them!