Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

sarkarsanuk is on a distinguished road
Default Can some body help on CYP 3.3 QNo 6.4

Hi frinds
If I could get some help to do safeguarding unit question no 6.4. My question is do I need to give an example for what I do in my school or not? Or only explantions are enough this unit is real nightmare.

Sarmistha

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-14-2013, 06:55 PM

vampcatz is on a distinguished road

Always give examples to support your role!!!
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:02 PM

sarkarsanuk is on a distinguished road
Default thankyou

thank you verymuch. Thing is that all the questions are coming up with nearly same example thats make me confuse.
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kerry-lou is on a distinguished road

this is what i've wrote x

An explanation of ways of empowering children and young people means seeing how settings can help them make clear and knowledgeable choices that support their well being and safety.

When we empower children and young people they develop the skills they need to take control of their own lives. In the long term, empowerment helps children become clever and develop high self esteem in their teen and adult lives. There any many ways we can empower children and young people so they can achieve this, a few examples are below.

Boost self awareness by involving the children when learning about something, for example when learning the children about crossing the road ask questions such as:
Do you think it is safe to cross yet?
What do you think we need to do next?
Where do you think we should cross the road?

Helping the children and young people to learn how to protect themselves. They should know the following:
Understand what is acceptable and not acceptable behaviour towards them
Stay safe from harm
Speak up if they have worries or concerns
Develop awareness of resilience
Prepare for their future responsibilities

Children and young people need to know how to take responsibility for themselves and to understand the consequences of their actions. Children and young people should know and understand:
That they all deserve care and respect
Their rights and how to use to them
How to do things safely and how to minimise risk
How to do with abusive or potentially abusive situations
When and how to ask for help and support

As children and young people get older, they need chances to discover their surroundings and to develop their independence. To this safely they will need to know and understand about risk-taking. To learn about risk-taking encourage the children and young people to:
Tell you some of the risks they may take in their own lives
Look at ways to minimise the risks
Look at and understand The Keepsafe Code
Unread 04-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Miss Flo Jo is on a distinguished road

I am really struggling on the previous question: What choices do children and young people have to support their well being and safety? Can anyone please help?