Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 08-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Becky is on a distinguished road
Default Can anyone help me pleaseeeeee?!

Hello

Could anyone help me on this question please?

Describe how to establish respectful, professional relationships with adults

I am stuck on what to put any help would be great thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kmahrous is on a distinguished road

Hi Becky, this is what i put:-

2.1 – Describe how to establish respectful, professional relationships with adults

When working with adults whether this be in the school environment or outside the school environment, you will need to be able to work in an environment of mutual support and openness. In school surrounding you will not be able to work independently of others, nor would it be practical to. Although you will need to maintain your professionalism in the school environment, you should also be able to support other adults in a practical and also sensitive way.

Relationships with adults may be with:-

• Other school team members;
• Parents;
• Other professionals who come into school.

Depending on the relationship which you have with your colleagues, parents or other professionals and the context in which you are speaking to them, the way you behave and interact with them will be affected.

The support that you will need to give other adults will be on several levels (which can be remembered with the acronym PIPE).

Practical: You may be working with others who are unfamiliar with the classroom or school surroundings and who need to have help or advice with finding or using equipment and resources. I currently work in a classroom with a volunteer parent who comes to help out one morning each week and he/she is not familiar with where resources are kept etc so often asks me for advice.

Informative: You may need to give support to those who do not have information about a particular situation. Alternatively you may be asked to prepare and write reports about specific pupils.

Professional: You may be in a position to help or support others with issues such as planning, or you may be asked whether others can observe your work with pupils or discuss your work with them.

Emotional: It’s important to support others through day-to-day events and retain a sense of humour.

The important principles of relationship building with children and adults in any context are that others are comfortable whilst in our company; they will be able to communicate more effectively. When people don’t get along they tend to be suspicious of each other and tend to avoid each other and this will reduce the opportunities to develop relationships. Positive relationships. It is important to have positive relationships and its also important to consider ways in which to develop them.

Hope this helps
Unread 08-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Becky is on a distinguished road

Thankyou so much :jump:

Yes it has helped me out so much