Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 11-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

victoriawade is on a distinguished road
Default chronic illnesses?

can any1 point me in the right direction to answer this last question in this unit?!

explain how cronic illnesses may affect physical development and how to access further information and support about particular conditions...........

please help me xxxxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-19-2009, 09:34 PM

WendyW is on a distinguished road

I would think about how chronic illnesses may cause a child to spend long periods of time in hospital, how they miss sessions at nursery or schools because of illness. They may not feel like joining in with play if they don't feel well, they may not be able to make friends because they feel excluded, or because the illness has affected their social skills. They may have low self esteem and lack of confidence because they don't interact as much as other children. They may be dependent on adults much more than other children (getting dressed, feeding etc).

If a child suffers from asthma, they may not be able to run around very much without getting out of breath or it may trigger the condition.
Unread 11-19-2009, 10:20 PM

WendyW is on a distinguished road

I forgot to mention;- if a child has spent a lot of time in hospital- they may have had limited mobility. Therefore their muscles will not have developed as others may do, this will affect when they start crawling, walking, running, climbling etc. Their gross motor skills may be delayed compared to children of the same age.
Unread 11-21-2009, 11:27 AM

victoriawade is on a distinguished road

thank u wendy,thats a gret help. my tutor was just saying that if they had asthma then they may be unable to particaipate in strenuous pe and to put them in goals for football etc.thats all i had to go on.............