Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 08-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

tornadoes is on a distinguished road
Default Lluk 313

Hello everyone, I am doing LLUK313 as one of my optional units and have found parts of it quite tricky. I have managed most of it ,I think?? but have really become stuck with
1.5 Explain the importance of clear principles and policies to support the engagement of fathers in their child’s early learning.
Please if any one can help with this or the rest of LLUK313 just in case I have completly got the wrong end of the stick.
THANKYOU in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-12-2012, 01:43 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

why do you need a policy about encouraging dads and the way in which we work with them? you will have begun to answer this in 1.1 with your research i.e. guttman and feinstein and the fatherhood institute work as well as the eppe research.
you have t make sure this unit is answered with father specific research and responses NOT generic parent research, inc the feminisation of the workplace and nursery and of course the desforges research but the fatherhood institute and the men in childcare sites are excellent

Last edited by tutu : 08-12-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: adding
Unread 08-13-2012, 03:40 PM

tornadoes is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your advice. I would recomend people don't choose an optional unit that isn't in the book, using the book gives you a starting point. which means ( for me )less head holding in despair.
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:17 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

none of the optional units are in the book! and the book isnt the answer. at level 3 ie A level you are supposed to research and develop your responses if my students only use the book they are given their work back. just rewriting the book isnt good enough. you are learning to develop your skills to earn the right to your license to practice anyone can paraphrase a text book. it proves no knowledge at all.
Unread 10-13-2012, 07:22 PM

mingomez is on a distinguished road

Answers to this unit has to be researched from the start. I am struggling with this one, but it is the last thing for me to do before the exam, so will be glad when it is done. I have completed the course with assistance from the book, which my tutor advised me to buy at the start. But I still produced unique work from what I read to give me a start and from good research. So the remark made by Tutu is a little harsh I felt. Just because students use a book , it doesnt mean everyone is going to not research and just re-arrange words to form the same work that is written. It would never be enough content anyway. Good luck and I am sure you will deserve your qualification from the work and effort you put into it.
Unread 10-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

mother theresa is on a distinguished road
Default book

I agree i found the book very helpful as i knew exactly what research was needed and it helped to know i was on the right track i have done so much research and have been told my work is of a high standard and almost everyone on here is so helpful so dont be too discouraged by tutu remarks good luck