Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 04-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

DearDanielle is on a distinguished road
SOS HELP! Apprentice just started Level 3 CCLD and no learning materials

Hi :)
I started my job as an apprentice in a nursery 3 weeks ago and got signed up to my course with tsw last week. My assessor VERY briefly went through unit 1 with me because i was at work and didnt have much time. After getting home and looking at the questions i'm feeling extremely overwhelmed!
I've asked my assessor about learning materials like textbooks or if she could even point me in the direction of any websites but all I've been told is "any level 3 childcare book and there's plenty online" ....this has led me here for help!
I'm a mother of 4 that hasn't worked since going on maternity with my first child 11 years ago!

What books or websites helped everyone else?

These is the first question in my first unit

Understand the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth - 19 years.
1.1 Explain the sequence and rate of each aspect of development from birth - 19 years.
1.2 Explain the difference between sequence of development and rate of development and why the difference is important.

Any help with be very extremely appreciated!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a very warm welcome to the site. Pacing yourself and identifying times when you can dedicate yourself to study will help you feel more in control xx

Contact & visits from your tutor should also be explained now so you know what's happening. Email TSW, follow their Twitter feed and generally be aware that this is your qualification and the quality of their support and teaching will impact your professional practice and development.

If you're in Wales? it might be useful to know that any textbook you do get will almost certainly have a bias towards English legislation and England's Early Years framework EYFS so you will need to check and relate your responses to each of the unit's criteria using Welsh requirements.

This Level 3 CYPW handbook covers the CCLD units but was published in 2010 so much of the legislation has been updated, page 48+ looks at the rate, sequence and patterns in children's development and this Child Development book explores ages 0 - 19

Rate and Sequence of children's development https://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12275

Get to know gov.wales :) and your own Local Authority's website

Foundation Phase framework and the minimum standards on CSSIW research the standards that are relevant to your type of setting.

Next are the policies and procedures from your setting. As the course progresses you'll need the information they contain to know how the setting operates. Your job description, role and the responsibilities of your job will also be needed.

About plagiarism

I hope this helps a little, please feel free to post whenever you want to xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-17-2017, 11:22 PM

Thanks for your reply :)
Yes im in Wales.
Im definitely going to air my concerns to my tutor. Feel a bit like ive been handed this sheet of paper and expected to just crack on. Not sure if im expecting too much but i thought id get some clear guidance at least. I literally have no clue where to start. I know i need to make a table of the ages and different aspects of development but i need to research it all and shes not helped me at all. My local library will be open tomorrow so i can see if they have the books i need and start reading up on everything.
Aside from that the actual job is going great :)
Unread 04-18-2017, 12:06 PM

toshkininny is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm no help whatsoever to you - but I feel the same way. I last studied 30 odd years ago, and I am starting a level 2 play workers NVQ, but I feel like I have just been left to get on with it. No classes to go to, no course books, I feel like I am googling everything and may be choosing the wrong answers!
Unread 04-28-2017, 02:35 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshkininny View Post
Hi, I'm no help whatsoever to you - but I feel the same way. I last studied 30 odd years ago, and I am starting a level 2 play workers NVQ, but I feel like I have just been left to get on with it. No classes to go to, no course books, I feel like I am googling everything and may be choosing the wrong answers!
Hiya! Sorry for the late reply only today i'm seeing this. Its so hard isnt it! Ive calmed down a bit (teeny bit) since i posted this and dicided to take it question by question and try not to get overwhelmed thinking of everything all at once.
I'm just starting some work on my first unit today. I bought the book

Child development An illustrated guide birth - 19 years 3rd edition - Carolyn Meggitt

the book looks really useful. Not sure if it'll help with your course too?x