Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Spikey is on a distinguished road
Default SCMP2 and HSC 3045 - Help Please!!

Hi

These are my last two units before I'm finished :jump:. However they are filling me with dread which is why I've left them til last!

Just wondering if anyone's already done these two units? If so, can you let me know if you found any good websites or books to assit you please?

Thanks so much

x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-21-2012, 10:59 PM

laujay is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm doing SCMP 2 at the moment , what questions are you stuck on....most of them are to been seen by your assesser.

Xx
Unread 05-24-2012, 04:24 PM

I've not started it yet! I've been too busy concentrating on my other optional unit first.

My assessor came to see me on Monday - she never once mentioned about her observing me. I've got to do it all by reflective accounts. All to be handed in by 18 June.

TBH my assessor has only observed me twice and that's only because I asked her to. I get the feeling if I hadn't have done, she wouldn't have offered to do it. AND she hasn't marked her observations of me against any of my units. Maybe she'll do that AFTER I've handed my work in, so I'll be doubling up for no reason. Grrrrr

Thanks for taking the time to reply x
Unread 05-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
I've not started it yet! I've been too busy concentrating on my other optional unit first.

My assessor came to see me on Monday - she never once mentioned about her observing me. I've got to do it all by reflective accounts. All to be handed in by 18 June.

TBH my assessor has only observed me twice and that's only because I asked her to. I get the feeling if I hadn't have done, she wouldn't have offered to do it. AND she hasn't marked her observations of me against any of my units. Maybe she'll do that AFTER I've handed my work in, so I'll be doubling up for no reason. Grrrrr

Thanks for taking the time to reply x
Hi

when my assessor came into observe me, he used to send me a written report of what he had observed me doing and the criteria that i could mark of from it, then i would put it in my folder with a page number and cross ref it into my other folder with the units that my tutor had to sign every time i completed a unit. Think they all do it differently but would have thought that you would need evidence of what criteria you have met for IV.

Lynne
Unread 05-27-2012, 04:13 PM

laujay is on a distinguished road

Oh not good at all, you should report her! She should be helping you to get throught this course as quickly as possible!

Anyway here is a helpfull link ;) http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15059

If you need anymore help just let me know.
Good luck
Unread 06-02-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn c View Post
Hi

when my assessor came into observe me, he used to send me a written report of what he had observed me doing and the criteria that i could mark of from it, then i would put it in my folder with a page number and cross ref it into my other folder with the units that my tutor had to sign every time i completed a unit. Think they all do it differently but would have thought that you would need evidence of what criteria you have met for IV.

Lynne
Thanks Lynne

I did my level 2 with a different college and they were fantastic. My assessor carried out lots of observations on me and told me what she'd covered before she left, so I wouldn't need to double up. I'm using a different college for my level 3 because I've had to fund both courses myself and the level 3 was over £300 cheaper with the college I've gone with!

Just over half of my work has already been IV'd without the observations my assessor had done being included. Oh well, keep plodding on with these two horrible units! The 18 June is getting closer.....

x
Unread 06-02-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laujay View Post
Oh not good at all, you should report her! She should be helping you to get throught this course as quickly as possible!

Anyway here is a helpfull link ;) http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15059

If you need anymore help just let me know.
Good luck

Thank you soooooo much for this link - you've quite possibly made my day

xx