Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Assessor & tutor forum

Assessor & tutor forum Continuing professional development. This forum is openly available to all looking for help and information on the A1 - Assessor Award. Supporting CYPW CCLD NVQ candidates and others undertaking professional qualification.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

starbabe is on a distinguished road
Default National Day Care Standards

Help!! I understood the Statutory Framework for the EYFS replaced The National Day Care Standards - why are so many learners still referring to them??

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-20-2010, 07:13 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

they prob have an old text book. if they dont go to college and rely on their own stuff they wont know that the terminology has changed
Unread 03-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Starbabe

What type of settings are your learner working in? Your post makes me think not early years - surely the county support teams should have picked this up - and how are they getting through Ofsted inspections?

Before assessing or teaching any learners I tell them they need their own copy of the EYFS pack. If they haven't a pack I ask them to ordered one before I next see them.
Unread 08-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Karen C is on a distinguished road

I agree with Tutu the old books talk all about the national day care standards and foundation stage. Another reason, is that some of the paper work talks about the foundation stage so students seem to think they have to write about it, as I think they get a little confused. It might be worth just running through it with them whilst setting them work and directing them to the EYFS website.