Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 01-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Crossfingers help please UNIT 403 Question K4D806 - Significant Theorhetical Perspectives on ..

Hi everyone, anyone

Any pointers on the following would be greatly appreciated, i know it is to do with theorists but seem to be losing my way. Heres hoping someone out there can give me some pointers.

SIGNIFICANT THEORETICAL PERSPECTIVES ON
A. Children as learners: programmed learning, laissez faire approaches, social constructivism including schema, scaffolding learning, learning styles
B. Language theories
C. Development of self-esteem and identity, emotional well-being, emotional intelligence
D. Early brain development
E. Role and purpose of play: play and learning, play types, evolutionary perspectives, play and life skills, flexibility and thinking, neurological development and play, play and identity

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

I took each heading looked in my books wrote about it made references and then added my reflective opinion on what the theorists said hope thats a help to you i wrote about 16 pages in all it seemed loads.
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Thanks for that Brandy,

I think this unit has to be the worst one for me so far, it is doing my head in. The first 9 questions weren't to bad its the last few. I'm sure i will get there slowly. I have been told that there won't be much writing in the optional units as I can refer to the four compulsory units, have you got that far? What are your views?
Unread 01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Hi, im on unit 402 just finishing typing up reams which is nearly as big as 403 ive done 401,403,404 so when ive done 402 thats the mandatory ones done i hope!! ive done 425,407 optional units and in those two i have been able to refer to work already done in the 4 mandatory ones, ive yet to do 427, 418, 422 I think 403 was the worst there was loads of research i did and 402 is the next worst Im looking forward in doing the optional ones as they seem a lot smaller with less pc's and knowledge questions, how are you doing?
Unread 01-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Ive completed 401, 402, 404, as you know i'm working on 403 has to be the worst. I don't know what choices i'm doing yet the smaller the better. I've had the first 2 back. I still have observation to do on 401 and one for 402. I emailed my assessor for some advice but she hasn't got back to me as yet. Better get on with some of my work.
Unread 05-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to gatecrash:blush:
I had such a busy weekend, managed to finish 402 and my assessor signed it off on Wed.
My assessor was surprised how much work she had set me - especially as I had been away for 2 weeks so I was so pleased.
I've made a start on 403 and it looks very difficult - trying to get my head around the theorists.
My op units are policys (I think thats 418) 420 and cant remember the others - I've hid my folder away for a couple of days as I havent seem my own children for days!!!
How is everyone else doing???
Unread 01-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

hippykitty71 is on a distinguished road

I must say i found 402 the hardest unit not 403!! 403 has been my last unit and i found it so much easier then alot of my other units! I am now complete and have had it internally verified so am now awaiting my certificate...yippee!!!
Unread 07-25-2012, 09:58 AM

Fifelass2012 is on a distinguished road

Just started this unit and found this thread great as a way to start writing this Knowledge Spec...thanks....
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:48 PM

WendyR84 is on a distinguished road

Help!! Got to do a reflective account on Unit 403 focussing on KU 7,11,14,15, 16 and 17. Don't know where to start. Been given a breakdown of the layout but still unsure about how to go about it. If anyone has any suggestions or advise I am willing to take anything. Many thanks.