Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 04-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Robin1 is on a distinguished road
Smile Professional Supervision level 5

Hi
I've never posted on here before and not really sure what i'm doing?
i'm looking for information on LM2C

1.2 Outline theories and models of professional supervision.

I've been told to write about Carl Rogers
Bernard goodyear 1992
Stolenberg & Delworth 1987
has anyone else got any info on these people???

1.3 - Explain how the requirements of legislation, codes of practice and agreed ways of working influence professional supervision.
I've been told to write about childcare act
data protection
Equality act 2010
and policy and procedures on supervision
again I understand these but how does this fit in with Supervisions?

is there any books I look in I know what supervisions are but these questions have got me stumped!
not even looked at the rest of the questions yet lol.

---------------------------------------

Course handbook for level 5 Childcare practitioners - professional supervision page 140+

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-27-2016, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a warm welcome to the site, you've posted fine :)

If you have access to the level 5 leadership handbook on amazon.co.uk you'll find some reading in there for these theories and models.

It's also good to get in touch with your course tutor and ask when you'll receive tutoring or supportive literature so you're able to research and then respond to this criteria.

1.3 requires you get to know the legislative acts, your setting's policies, procedures and all aspects of practice will be built to meet and comply with them.

Hope this helps a little
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-11-2016, 03:03 PM

Hi

I'm on my final assignment for level 5 whoop whoop!!!!

035 Inductions
stuck on question 1.3 Explain the link between induction processes, qualifications and progression routes in the sector just don't get this question???
also looking for information on
1.4 & 1.5

1.4 Analyse the role of the induction process in supporting others to understand the values, principles and agreed ways of working within a work setting.

1.5 Analyse the role of induction in safeguarding individuals and others within a work setting.

Any help would be so helpful
Unread 05-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mandiehumphrey is on a distinguished road

Question
Outcome 1 understand the purpose of induction for health and social care or children and young people`s settings

1.1 Explain why induction is important for practitioners, individuals and organisations

Induction is a vital process to implement and have as part of our organisational structure. It is instrumental in informing new staff, students on placement, or staff returning from long absence of leave, but also for the existing workers as it an ongoing part of our supervision management.
It provides the opportunity for the manager to ensure that that new staff member is informed of our mission statement, our procedures and policies, to know our duty of care for the children, health & safety and fire regulations we must adhere to, code of conduct, confidentiality, how their job description relates to their role, expectations and duties they must perform within the setting, our dress code, minimum standards, the process of induction and its value and benefits both for them and the organisation and how it is an on-going process of regular supervision. It provides the opportunity to show the staff member the setting, get familiar with their new environment, meet the rest of the team, where parking is, where they can keep their personal belongings, where they can have their break and the use of the kitchen and its facilities. Also, awareness and reinforcement of the use of no personal mobiles during working hours. The manager can show them where the fire exits are and evacuation points for emergencies. It helps integrate the new staff into their role effectively and efficiently and the benefits of support during her employment at our setting, through a gradual learning process. It contributes to the transition of starting employment in a new environment and helps to reassure the staff, make them feel at ease and give then the time to develop into their roles. It helps to show awareness of our ethos and the values and principles we practice within our organisation and how the team implement it into their practice. It is an ideal opportunity to meet the children, get to know them and to be introduced to the parents/carers that use our facilities. Also, shown where we keep our resources, the written records that we maintain, or planning and preparation of activities. It puts into place training identified and c.p.d opportunities within our setting to complement their existing qualifications.
The benefits of the induction process for our organisation is knowing that the new staff member is being properly inducted, given all the necessary policies & procedures to become familiar with and learn this knowledge and maintain standards within the setting as part of their role. It shows the organisation invests in their staff and supports and guides them to become the best they can be – that will become more efficient in their roles as they progress and settle into their role, and staff gain job satisfaction. There also will be consistency of staff and performance for the children and parents will be reassured that it will not affect our existing service but enhance it with a diverse set of skills and abilities within the staff team.

1.2 Identify information and support materials that are available to promote effective induction.

Within our setting we have policies and procedures and minimum standards that are used to help the new and existing staff to understand and acquire the knowledge relevant to maintaining our service, and specific requirements for our practice, our values and principles, , and adhere to our regulations we implement into our setting, our healthy eating ethos and play principles.
How we advocate play in everything we do and provide for the children the relevance and rationale of these and the role they play in creating a safe and caring environment for the children and an enriched environment for everyone within our setting.
It supports the staff and creates our working team culture which benefits the organisation, the service we provide and the service users(parents/children).
The induction provides all these relevant informational materials to provide the staff with all the knowledge they need to know before they can work unsupervised, and it is my area of responsibility and duty to ensure that staff know enough to meet the outcomes expected of them and aim to develop or acquire through training and support.

1.3 explain the link between induction processes, qualifications and progression routes in the sector
every work places aim should be to provide the best high quality team for their organisation with the necessary skills, abilities, capabilities and qualifications that are suitable for the job. This must be done through a fair and rigorous recruitment selection process. Following this, a structured induction process, which prepares the new staff for their new role, their new environment and motivates them to perform to the best of their ability. It also provides the opportunity for the new staff to develop upon their already existing skills and abilities and implement these into their practice within our setting.
By the induction being effective – it helps the new staff meet standards and expectations and lays the foundation to plan for c.p.d. which contributes towards being efficient and effective within their role and as part of the team. It gives the staff member an opportunity to enhance their qualifications and progression of learning by taking up opportunities of training when sourced or provided.
It is important that mentoring takes place, I like to mentor directly with the new staff member for the first few weeks so that I can guide and support them and provide practical information to meet any needs that I observe. After this my process is to provide a senior member of staff as mentor to guide and support the new staff, to share their knowledge and understanding about our practice and how we do things daily such as setting up, planning and preparation of the environment, how we adhere to our policies/procedures daily within the daily routine of our day.
Within minimum standards states relevant qualification s staff must obtain or working towards to hold certain posts within the childcare sector. It clearly defines what specific qualifications are required to hold present positions or apply for certain positions within early years’ settings, such as leaders must have or hold Diploma level 5 in leadership and management and must meet these requirements within these standards.
By gaining qualifications and updating training it provides the stepping stone for progression to further your career prospects and apply for promotion within organisations or move up the ladder to a new role such as leader within any organisation within the childcare sector.
Through achieving qualifications and standards and reaching the required level of skills, knowledge and progression of development- organisations can ensure that their staff have the competence to carry out their jobs within this sector.

1.4 analyse the role of the induction process in supporting others to understand the values, principles and agreed ways of working within a setting
Our values and principles sets out clearly defined frameworks for the staff and parents and provides the necessary information about what our aims/objectives are and the frameworks we work with for our setting and the policies/procedures are used to inform them of our processes we have in place and how these are implemented into our practice for our organisation and the guidance it provides for everyone involved with our organisation.
If policies and procedures were not in place it would be very difficult to implement and maintain standards as it is a necessity to have documentation in place that gives staff, parents and management the reassurance that we are fully committed to providing a safe caring enriched environment where we have a good strong qualified team who implement into practice and maintain high standards which contribute to the children achieving and meeting outcomes and progression. It defines everyone’s responsibilities and accountability and the roles they all must fulfil to maintain our ethos of our organisation and promotes a centre of excellence who are committed to working together as an organisational team, and the quality standards they must be maintained.
Therefore, by having an effective induction process, following the set procedure carrying it out and making improvements or changes to raise standards ensures that its effectiveness is not lost and remains efficient for the organisation, the manager and the staff and clearly sets out what their expectations are, the skills your team has and areas that need improved or upskilled.

1.5 Analyse the role of induction in safeguarding individuals and others within a work setting
The role of induction ensures that all procedures have been followed after the recruitment process has been finalised and the new staff member has been appointed. Induction after the interview puts into place the relevant documentation needed to fulfil our duty to protect and care for the children within our setting – by getting NI access, medical form, fit for work forms filled in and processed by WHSCT who then inform us of the suitability of the person who has been successful for the post. It gives reassurance that we have carried out our role as an organisation by following protocols necessary for background checked; and a suitable person is going to part of the organisation.

It not only safeguards the children but the organisation.

Once we receive this confirmation, the next step can be carried out which is the introduction to the setting before commencement of employment.
When staff start I have a duty to fulfil by informing and ensuring that they fully understand our child protection/safeguarding policy/procedures for our setting, it informs them of their duty of care and their role within this as an employee of our organisation, it gives them guidance to whom they report concerns to and the different types of concerns, it gives the information of expectations they must achieve as part of their duties to protect the children and keep them safe, it gives them the relevant information of whom within our structure is the designated safeguarding officers.
This part of the induction is the most relevant information I feel that needs to be shared the first day they start employment with our setting, as the safety of the child is paramount before all else. I give the staff member the time to discuss the documentation and ask questions about any areas they are not sure they understand, I am able to ascertain if there needs to be more support provided to them to develop in this area such as training and it is also a mandatory requirement that they agree to and sign up to our procedure and policy relating to safeguarding.
I feel it is important for the staff to have this first as part of their induction the first day, as it also gives them guidance to protecting themselves concerning issues within safeguarding, such as not carrying out personal care such as dressing children within our setting on their own, not being on their own with a child. It contributes to good practice and provides reassurance to the team that everyone is informed of the correct protocols regarding safeguarding and know how it is implemented into practice daily.

This is an area that I feel must be reviewed on a regular basis not just for new staff but all staff and management to ensure that their knowledge is refreshed and the procedure/policy is understood and reinforces their role within our setting, other relevant training such as first aid, fire safety awareness, health & safety are up to date as it is also important for the child’s welfare. It protects any harm to individuals such as staff or students and provides them with the skills to know what do in an emergency such as a fire drill or accident.
This is why I recently introduced a new checklist for induction and new feedback forms for induction as it contributes to the staffs learning and c.p.d. and identifies areas where I need to provide additional support over a set period to ensure that they have the skills and knowledge to maintain the standards necessary to fulfil their role and duties and important aspects of the job such as safeguarding.

Good luck hope this helps you out
Unread 06-16-2016, 01:50 PM

ah thank you Mandie you're an absolute star on the last two questions then I'm signed off and I've completed my level 5 thank you so much:))))))) xx
Unread 09-21-2020, 08:02 PM

Lstewart is on a distinguished road

analyse how research has impacted on provision for children's physical development
Unread 09-28-2020, 09:36 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

whooshfencing is on a distinguished road

Moving and handling - skills enabling children to show good control and coordination in large and small movements.
Unread 09-28-2020, 01:37 PM

Lstewart is on a distinguished road

analyse how research has impacted on workplace and practices children's physical development:
Unread 01-06-2021, 10:37 PM

Tally181 is on a distinguished road

Hi, sorry to hijack the thread, well done on those of you completing, has anyone been observed in the setting and what sort of stuff did your Assesor observe thanks
Unread 01-06-2021, 10:51 PM

Tally181 is on a distinguished road

Sorry posted too soon, I am also just starting this unit and struggling on this question I will post if I have any luck hope it goes well