Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 05-18-2018, 02:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Adifferentcorner is on a distinguished road
SOS Unit 8 - Supporting teaching and leraning

Hi, I'm doing a level 2 teaching assistant course (distance learning), and I'm struggling with the work placed evidence for unit 8, particularly WPE 14 - Give reassurance and comfort to those involved in an emergency.

Is anyone else doing the course distance learning? There's so much work place evidence we have to do ourselves, as we don't have an assessor coming in, so have to fill out professional discussions, candidate reports, witness statements and reflective diaries.

I haven't had to deal with an emergency at my school and I'm really not sure what the best way to approach this WPE. Probably a reflective piece, but I just can't seem to get started.

If anyone has any pointers on where to start, or how to word it, they would be greatly appreciated.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-18-2018, 09:49 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

MrsC81 is on a distinguished road

If you dont already take some time in the playground and being on hand when accidents occur, see how others deal with the incidents and what they do to reassure the child although not necessarily a big emergency the calm reassurance and dealing with the task at hand is still relevant.
Look into how emergency procedures are handled (policies to reference too for good practice) how to deal with a child in shock and how to remain calm and in control of any situation you find yourself in.

I'm sure others will be along shortly to give you a much better idea of what to do but maybe that might help for now.

Good luck.
Unread 05-19-2018, 07:57 AM

Thank you, that's really helpful. It's given me a good idea of where to start. ��
Unread 06-19-2018, 04:51 PM

How have you got on?
Unread 06-19-2018, 07:27 PM

Hi,
I managed to finish the module, thank you for your help. I ended up doing a reflective piece on how I've dealt with children hurting themselves in the playground and relating it to how I would deal with an emergency. I've finished the level 2 now as well thankfully, so am hoping a job comes up in the school I volunteer at!
Thank you
Unread 06-19-2018, 07:47 PM

Well done you and good luck in the future, I did many years volunteering before I got my job all the experiences has been an incredible bonus. Make yourself too good to bypass.