Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 07-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Default NVQ 4 Unit 411 : research into the influences on children’s intellectual development

NVQ level 4 Unit 411

question K4D957

Relevant research into the influences on children’s intellectual development and how this research may influence practice

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

its your theorists on how children learn intellectual skills such as problem solving, and influences would be diet, genes, upbringing, reasorces, experiances, etc you could talk about nature v nurture.

for example reasurch shows that if a child has not got their basic needs met -one being sleep/rest then they can lack concentration (add quote) which in turn will effect their intellectual development as without good concentration they may not be able to problem solve etc. this reasurch influences practice as now our settings have routienes in place where there is an oppertunity for "quiet time" where the child is able to rest.

hope this helps
Unread 07-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Thank you yes that helped, now i just have to find a theorist. I do have a few books with information regarding theorists but can't seem to find one covering intellectual development
Unread 07-13-2008, 08:52 PM

try and think a bit broader if you word it right you can use any learning theorist e.g piaget says we learn through experiances-therefore we know what a child experiances will influence their intellectual development this influences practice as we try to provide a wide range of activities where the child can experiance different things for example our role play and story activities allows the child to experiance different use of language developing language concepts.

uhm skinner -positive negative reinforcement, frobel believed in imaginative play margret mcmillan agreed but thought mathamatical concepts should be taught through structured activities

bruner talks about scaffolding helping children to the top of a problem to develop key skills

also search for the different theories on intellectual stages

vygotsky believes your born able to understand language etc

hope this helps

if you have the penni tassoni book then look from page 195 on. i lost mine a few weeks ago and cant look for it bc we are in the midle of moving but if i had it i could help more. sorry its prob been packed somwhere.
Unread 07-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Thank you for that i have actually managed to find someone in a book i bought Title How Children learn. This is my last knowledge question in my last unit. Sometimes i think i over look what is staring me in the face. Thank you for your quick responses I now feel confident in answering this question i should also be able to refer to Unit 403 for some of it.
Unread 07-13-2008, 09:35 PM

your welcome good luck just stick at it
Unread 07-13-2008, 11:00 PM
nuttynik

SomeoneSpecial,
Thank you! Your help is brilliant, took ages for me to get my head round theorists and all your posts are great!
Unread 07-13-2008, 11:01 PM

your very welcome