Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Fundraising activities

Fundraising activities Find and share fundraising ideas

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 01-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

taptonjuniors is on a distinguished road
Default Fundraising for Tapton Juniors U13

Hi, my name is Duncan and I help organise Tapton Juniors U13 Football Club. Does anybody have any good ideas for fundraising?Getting the funds together for buying kit, balls, travel is proving to be a recurring nightmare. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi and a warm welcome to the site.

I don't envy you looking for sponsors at the moment. Do you have a website that could generate a little revenue or maybe local attractions/visitor areas that would look to partner with you for some fundraiser ideas ?

Enjoy Silkysteps

Ruth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

have you tried the football foundation for a granthttp://www.activenorfolk.org/page.as...+Grants+Scheme
Unread 01-13-2009, 10:58 AM

taptonjuniors is on a distinguished road
Default The Melting Pot

Firstly, many thanks for your suggestions. We don't have a website as such, but that's something I aim to fix in due course. Though I have been given lots of good ideas up to yet, from lots of great people. These range from bag packing at local supermarkets through to grant applications (and a million things inbetween which I never would have considered). Please keep the ideas coming in, I shall compose a list and post it here so people facing the same difficulties have a quick reference guide.

Anything to avoid the embarrassment of asking the same parents to put into the pot time and time again! I know we can do this with our own ingenuity and a little determination.
Unread 02-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Froggy is on a distinguished road
Default Footy fundraisers

My son's both play for local teams, we took them to an all day tournament. Some of the mums there had a gazebo set up with lots of coloured hair sprays - and the players got to have hair to match their strips all for £1! It was funny to see and even some of the supporters had theirs done too
Unread 02-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

DaddyDayCare is on a distinguished road

The list of possible fundraisers is truly endless.

One thing worth considering (something we have done several times now, but would never have known about but for a random conversation over a pint of beer) is local council car parks.

Shire Hall in Gloucester has private parking at the facility for workers which, on weekends, they hand over to charities who are allowed to man the car park and ask for "donations" from people using it when they pop into town on a Saturday. We have made some serious money from this unbelievably easy fundraiser.

I have no idea where you are but it might be worth checking at your local council offices to see if they run a similar scheme - trust me, virtually zero organisation required for potentially huge returns!
Unread 05-05-2011, 01:06 PM

saz74 is on a distinguished road
Default Fundraising and you don't ask for money

Hi I am currently trying the same for Treeton Terriers U7 and U6 so any great ideas I would love to hear about. Something I'm currently doing is collecting old CD's DVD's Games and phones, CD's and DVD's can be sold at musicmagpie.co.uk 50p each if you register with them and old phones there are a few sites I found just a phone that I bought for £10 6 years ago and it's worth £4 handset only and it doesn't work! With this people are just giving you their rubbish so you are not asking for money!