Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 10-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

shrinkydink is on a distinguished road

Could you not take some photos of your children making the cards and divas or trying on the sari's these are all positive images and include these in your display, also good for their learning journey's

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bec2012 is on a distinguished road

I did my display today, I found images on the web in the end by googling for 4th July, fireworks, indian in wheelchair :eye-popping: and other things that might cover and then wasn't sure how to present them so got a small poster made by truprint (I will have to time my level 3 so I can use it again!!!) Thanks for your help everyone x
Unread 10-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Oh wow, well done you it's excellent.

Thank you for posting it xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

caroline dale is on a distinguished road
Default divali

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec2012 View Post
Hello, I need a little help (again) I have to do a visual/tactile display with the children and include positive images, my assessor has suggested using Divali as a theme, if I did this how would I get positive images in would just putting images of hindu children celebrating be enough or would I have to try and find images of children from other cultures and abilities celebrating Divali for this to count? Hopefully you see what I mean, I've managed to tie myself in a knot! Thanks x
hi you could take some pictures of children enjoying lights ie disco lights or lamps switch off the light and take the pictures it will really glow in their faces and show up lovely on camera also some larva lamp types mood lights, christmas lights that sort of thing i did this once in baby room and they really enjoyed just looking at lights (all children joined in) of course you would have to get permission from parents to take pictures.