Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

harty5070 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS SCMP 2 - where do I start??!!

Hi,
This is my first post and i wouldn't have been able to get this far without the support I get from reading on this site - so a big thank you before I start!

Just about to start this unit and I don't like it because it's not in my book, I have been reading children and young peoples workforce level three one and I like to have things to read so I know where the questions are going etc...

anyway so does anyone have any ideas on anything I can read or websites to visit......thanks in advance - Gemma

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

jaynera is on a distinguished road

Hi Gemma, I have compleated this task. I used the guide on the work sheet to help me

"Factors that influence well being e.g"
I put for 1.1
The factors that influence the well being of children and young people are:

Attachment
Attachments are formed in the very earliest months and years of life. These have a significant influence on emotional development as well as providing a template for the child as he or she grows into adulthood

Relationships.
Good relationships are really important for children’s wellbeing. Children have a deep, natural need to connect with other people and to belong to a social group. A child’s ability to develop good relationships is an extremely important step on the path to getting the best out of his or her life.

Emotional security.
This is when a child feels secure and loved by the adults in their life. Helping a child to establish emotional security can be as simple as practicing consistency, connection and compassion.

Health.
It is important for a child to be healthy and learn what keeps them healthy and what can be detrimental to their health.

Self esteem.
Healthy self-esteem is like a child's armor against the challenges of the world. Kids who know their strengths and weaknesses and feel good about themselves seem to have an easier time handling conflicts and resisting negative pressures.

Diet.
Good nutrition and a balanced diet help children to grow up healthy. Children and young people need to be taught about eating healthily.

Exercise.
Children who regularly exercise generally enjoy high self-esteem, which in turn affects all aspects of a child’s life, from school performance to social well being.

Rest and sleep.
It is vital for children and young people to get the rest they require and enough sleep to remain healthy and alert. In order to do this they need a comfy place to sleep and the quiet to do so.

Prompt medical/dental attention when needed.
If a child or young person is ill or in pain for extended periods of time it is extremely detrimental. Any health problems or dental problems should be investigated and dealt with at the earliest opportunity.

Preventive health programs.
Children and young people need to be guided and educated through their early years and kept on track to stay healthy. They should be advised on all the things that keep you healthy or can damage your health for example, smoking, drinking and drugs.

Hope this helps get you going, This site has helped me greatly so thanks to everyone.

SCMP 2 in level three childcare handbook on amazon.co.uk
Unread 07-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Giggles79 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for this, although this isn't the unit I'm on some of the information has boosted my answer to CYP Core 3.1!!

This site is fab, loads of great advice n also kinda glad to know I'm not the only one who struggles from time to time!!