Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 05-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lisa-m84 is on a distinguished road
Default New Planning Job Position

Hey everyone,

I've recently taken on the new role as 'planning officer' at a childcare setting. While I've contributed to planning as a work group, having the responsibility all by myself is completely new! There's another thing too, the person who previously did the job left and lost/kept hold of any previous planning that took place. So its now my job to start it up again without any guidance from what went before...This is where I'm hoping you lovely experienced people can help!! Where do I start?? Knowing everything that needs to be put into place is feeling a little disorientating not to mention overwhelming...literally any guidance would be greatly appreciated...any good links to planning support websites?? you tube channels?? thanks! xxxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, congratulations :) is it possible to ask colleagues for a meeting so that you can all put your ideas down as a team? There are usually some aspects of a system or cycle that individuals feel could be improved on even in a small way and this seems like an ideal opportunity to hear how everyone thinks the planning should happen in your setting.

Long term, continuous planning is one way to ensure the setting's laid out with areas that contain toys and open-ended resources to support children's holistic development and can take the pressure off needing frequently written plans that require the environment to be re-organised eg. a document that explains the benefits of your play areas - tabletops, floor, stage, books, outdoor, display areas and the type of activities that occur there eg. sand, water, playdough, interlocking & building, small world, role play, reading & story telling.

Does your setting plan for children's individual needs? Do keypeople organise specific activities for their named children's development? Next steps? Do you follow children's interests in planning, have themes, topics, celebrate certain events and festivals each year?

and are there any professional books available that could help you forulate your own programme? observation & planning, continuous provision are there any links with your local authority's early years department? would they have any suggestions that could help?
Very best wishes with it, interested to hear how it goes for you xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-23-2017, 10:15 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lisa-m84 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ruthierhyme for taking the time to write all that. Meetings aren't really possible as everyone works odd shift patterns. I've been told by management to pretty much get on with it, so I guess that's what I'll do! I'll check out the link you sent too �� Xx