Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 03-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Jo_B is on a distinguished road
Child protection courses??

Hello

I was wondering if any one from the Darlington area knew of any 'child protection' courses taking place???
I need to get one under my belt for the child minding side of things???

Jo

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Muggy

Default Surestart training

Jo, you should now get the Surestart training directory - the one that comes out every term, so there should be another one out soon. It lists loads of
different courses, including child protection. If you dont get a directory, let me know, and I will have a look in mine for you! xxx
Unread 03-20-2007, 10:32 AM

Thanks

Will look out for that one!!!!

Jo
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I couldn't find one that suited in the training directory and ended up paying for one online - though debrus educare. It wasn't horribly expensive and was very good. I did it at home in my own time then sent it to them for marking and back came my certificate
Sarahx
Unread 03-24-2007, 02:39 PM
twinkle

hi Sarah , please could you give me some details as I want to do an on line course. I have been looking on the web but would rather do one that is recommended, thanks
Unread 03-24-2007, 03:38 PM

hi sarah,

that sounds good, would love more details too...

jo
Unread 03-24-2007, 09:51 PM
noah

Child protection courses on line
This is a link to the ones mentioned, probably the child protection awareness is the fist one to go for.
Unread 03-25-2007, 08:36 AM
twinkle

Thanks Noah. I have looked at the site and I am not sure to do it on line or by paper. Sarah I take it you filled in the papers at home! How long does it take for everything to be completed and sent back roughly. Sorry but I would like to get it done quite quickly and thought i might try the on line test, but would like your advice as you have already done it . thank you
Unread 03-25-2007, 08:22 PM

Thanks Noah
Unread 03-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

http://www.debrus-educare.co.uk/site...p?productID=19

NSPCC Child Protection Awareness - £22.50+VAT
Description

This short Child Protection Awareness programme, written by the NSPCC, has been designed to teach everybody about their role in protecting children. The programme explains what abuse is and the effects it can have on a child's life. It aims to help people identify when a child might be at risk by highlighting possible signs and indicators. It also has a simple step-by-step action plan to follow should there be concerns about a child's welfare.

The programme has four short modules, each with its own questionnaire.

Upon successful completion of the programme participants will receive a personalised NSPCC certificate.

Pass criteria: 70% or more on all questionnaires

Module List
1 Understanding the basics
2 Recognising child abuse
3 Reporting child abuse
4 Good practice issues

It took about 4 days to arrive, me about a week to get it done, another week for them to mark it....... no time at all really! I was really impressed with the materials they sent with the course which I've kept in my file to refer to if the need arises. I'd certainly use them again!

Hope this helps!

Sarahx