Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 11-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

victoriawade is on a distinguished road
Default is any1 doing unit 307? or 303?

would love to chat to any1 doing theses units

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-18-2009, 03:55 PM

WendyW is on a distinguished road

Hiya, I have just completed 303 and linked it to 309 & 310.
Unread 11-18-2009, 07:04 PM

Devilsam is on a distinguished road

I have almost finished 307

will be starting 303 soon am struggling with 305 at the moment
Unread 11-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Rasharoon

Am really struggling with 303. Can anyone help! Looking at 303.4.
Unread 11-18-2009, 07:56 PM

WendyW is on a distinguished road

Is that implementing and evaluating plans??

Do you produce planning where you work?

I enclosed copies of the weekly plans and adult led activities, these are evaluated each week on the back (to show whether they were successful and the children were able to reach the objectives or not). This covers 1-3. For number 4 I enclosed copies of the EYFS framework that we use to show the progression of each child. We also produce Individual Learning Plans for each child - I enclosed a copy of this too.

My assessor did a DOR on a whole planning session, which also covered the whole of this section.
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyW View Post
Hiya, I have just completed 303 and linked it to 309 & 310.
the tutor picked our units,im to do 309 but we arnt doing 310,havent got 309 yet,ive done 302,307 and just starting 309
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsam View Post
I have almost finished 307

will be starting 303 soon am struggling with 305 at the moment
im finishing up 307 at the min too ive only been given 3 questions on 303 so far,the units seems very long! i havent done 305 yet but its on my list of units
Unread 11-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Rasharoon

Hi

I'm a childminder and currently mind children on a part time basis (1 child at 4 hours a week and siblings at 10 hours over 2 days per week).

In my learning journals, I have observations, wow moments and work they have done. I also keep a daily diary. I've not done any individual planning due to the lack of time we have (school runs, snack, lunch, pre-school drop off) as we only get left with about 1.5 hours to do anything.

The parents have been delighted with the journals I produce but I am aware about the fact that I've not done individual planning, next steps etc. The ages of the children are 18 months, 2 & 4 years.

I'm losing all three children next March due to school and a parent being pregnant but am feeling overwhelmed in that I've not done enough.

Any suggestions on what I should do as my assessor is coming out next Thursday.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyW View Post
Is that implementing and evaluating plans??

Do you produce planning where you work?

I enclosed copies of the weekly plans and adult led activities, these are evaluated each week on the back (to show whether they were successful and the children were able to reach the objectives or not). This covers 1-3. For number 4 I enclosed copies of the EYFS framework that we use to show the progression of each child. We also produce Individual Learning Plans for each child - I enclosed a copy of this too.

My assessor did a DOR on a whole planning session, which also covered the whole of this section.
Unread 11-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriawade View Post
the tutor picked our units,im to do 309 but we arnt doing 310,havent got 309 yet,ive done 302,307 and just starting 309
Your tutor shouldn't be choosing the units. That is your choice you are paying for this. If you are working to EYFS requirements, learning journeys, child observations, evaluating next steps etc. 310 is a natural progression from 303.

You say what you want to do!
Unread 11-21-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip squeak View Post
Your tutor shouldn't be choosing the units. That is your choice you are paying for this. If you are working to EYFS requirements, learning journeys, child observations, evaluating next steps etc. 310 is a natural progression from 303.

You say what you want to do!

she gave us the list

mandatory units

option units