Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

trace_80 is on a distinguished road
Default unit 306 k3h258 and k3d255 Help!!!

Hi not sure if anyone can help I just cant put these questions into words I know what its asking but just cant word it right im hoping all the help I have given others is gunna pay off and i can get some help the questions are:
Legislation and regulations covering the provision of an environment
for children.
Safe layout and organisation of rooms, equipment, materials and outdoor
spaces, adapting the environment to ensure safety for children, according
to their age, needs and abilities.
Please any help would really be appreciated.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

annwebbo is on a distinguished road

K3D255
The legislation is the national standards in the EYFS, these are compulsory and settings are inspected by Ofsted to make sure that they are being adhered to.

K3H258
Room space
Rooms should be layed out so that easy access is available to avoid any crowding or bumping into items or other children. Fire exits must not be blocked and staff must be able to see all areas of the room. There should be a quiet area for the children to relax. An area suitable for messy play that has sinks nearby for hand washing. Safe non slip flooring that’s easy to clean.
Equipment
Equipment used must be safe and appropriate for the children’s ages and development.
Outdoors
Outdoor areas must be safe and risk free and any barriers to access should be identified and overcome. Toys and activities should be regularly changed to ensure children remain interested in the environment.
Adapting the environment to met the needs of all the children.

this is what i put hope it helps.
Unread 06-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

trace_80 is on a distinguished road

Thankyou that is really helpful. Did you write some of the eyfs legislation in aswell cos this is the one im really stuck on not very good at putting it into words. Thankyou for your time.
Unread 06-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

annwebbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trace_80 View Post
Thankyou that is really helpful. Did you write some of the eyfs legislation in aswell cos this is the one im really stuck on not very good at putting it into words. Thankyou for your time.
hi your welcome ,no i didnt