Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 11-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Rhi.x is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 323 K3D571

Hi I'm new to this site but have been using for help with information for my NVQ3, so thanks, so glad found this site!
I was wondering if anyone could help me please so that I can write off this unit, I'm stuck on K3D571 - How to adapt use of ICT for children of different ages, gender, needs and abilities.
Also 323 3.4 - Ensure a balanced and effective approach to the use of ICT within your setting by reflecting on and taking steps to improve practice in this area.
Hope someone can help, with thanks.xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-29-2009, 01:26 PM
MICKLMASS

Default 323

Hi hope this helps
K3D571
We recognise that children have a wide range of ICT abilities. This is especially true as most children have access to ICT equipment either at home or another location e.g. library, while others do not. We at the school Unit provide suitable learning opportunities for all children by matching the challenge of the task to the ability and experience of the children. We can achieve this in a variety of ways:
• By setting tasks which are unrestricted and can have a variety of responses;
• Setting tasks which are increasing in difficulty (not all children will complete all the tasks);
• We can group children by their ability in the room, and setting different tasks for each group depending on their ability;
• Providing resources of different complexity that are matched to the ability of the child.
• Using classroom assistants to support the work of individual children or groups of children.
• Using software for visually impaired children, the user can then rely on a verbal response from the computer which would be built into the software. The child would have their own logging in for the computer so that their own settings are already for them to use.
• The same options can be available for some one who has hearing difficulties, the response can be a visual alert on the screen when they complete a task then a response like a wink or a thumb’s up can be displayed.
These are a just a few ideas for adapting the use of ICT so they can meet the needs of different individuals therefore ensuring that children of any age, ability can take part.
Unread 12-08-2009, 06:33 PM

Rhi.x is on a distinguished road
Smile

Thankyou so much that's great! Sometimes just need pointing in the right direction to understand what's being asked.
Rhi.xxx
Unread 12-08-2009, 06:36 PM

donb2909 is on a distinguished road

Hi MICKLMASS

Can you help with K3S273 and K3D255?? I have posted threads but no-one wants to help me! :-(

Thanks in advance
Unread 06-22-2010, 09:55 PM

1teresa22 is on a distinguished road

type in the serch button for the ones u want eg k3d255 at the top