Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 06-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Angel 24 is on a distinguished road
Smile Career Path

Just wondered if anyone has gone on to become an NVQ assessor. If so could you give me some feedback.

Many Thxs

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-23-2010, 12:21 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

to be an assessor which of course wont be needed from September hoorah! you need at least 2 years full time post nvq3 experience. you need to prove professional competency to the college and to cache. but as i said nvqs go this year so the new role will be much more academic. all the assessors who arent academic, cant mark work give written feedback and teach will be gone and a new breed beginning which in my eyes is brilliant. for too long we have had students pass because of the low standards of the assessment team.
we have given all our redundancy notices and will only be employing those whoa re willing to train in adult ed have at least level 2 maths English and ict and who can display good teaching and coaching skills.
those who 'just want to assess' are out. in order to produce a high level profession we need to have high level teachers and assessors. so in answer to your question if you have just done your level 3 you need to go and do the actual job at level 3 for at least 18 months
Unread 06-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sobia is on a distinguished road

what do you mean they gonna change the nvqs?are they going to make it harder?
Unread 06-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Gigglemonsters is on a distinguished road

Sorry have i misread something are they sacking of the NVQ's or the assessors - either way its bad. My poor assessor that i don't see much of (cos she's run Ragged) & I'm 2 days off finishing something they've scapped ???? Please explain