Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 06-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

kimp123 is on a distinguished road
Default 305.1.2 Implement transparent procedures and information about access to provision to

Can anyone please help i am nearly at the end of my level 3 and only have unit 303 & 305 left.

I am having a brain freeze on the following question if you can help

Implement transparent procedures and information about access to provision to meet the needs of all children?

Any help will be appericated.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:00 PM

karensi30 is on a distinguished road

This is what i wrote

In our setting we have a range of polices which ensures that all children in our setting will be safe , secure and treated as an individuals. All staff have full access to these policies and use them in their practice on a daily bases, as this is how our setting is governed. All parents are welcome at any time to view the polices and procedures files which is located in our reception area. I have provided copies of our Access to Information Policy on page 84 and Equality and Diversity Policy on pages 101 and 102 in my diverse evidence. Parents are also welcome to look at their child's personal profiles and records of achievements at any time. We also have within the setting posters for children that promote Children's Rights. On the back of each poster are details of the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child along with simple room activities. We also have activity packs for different age ranges that are easily accessible even for very young children. Each unit of work explores a specific theme with objectives, materials, a range of activities and conclusions.

I provide an environment in which all children are supported to reach their full potential.
Since the nursery opened over 10 years ago, it has maintained a firm commitment to
the integration of children with Special Educational Needs. A network of contacts has been sustained to ensure appropriate referrals are made. If a child’s development causes concern I will make provision for the child in line with the recommendation of the SENCO Code of Conduct. The needs and progress of children who have Special Educational Needs are monitored by our groups’ Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) – Lindsey Sheard.
We have good links with Educational Psychologists, Advisory Teachers, Speech Therapists, and Medical Officers. Their advice and involvement are helpful in planning to meet the children’s Additional Needs. We advertise our nursery in the local paper, doctors and internet.

My Aims are to:

• Treat all children as individuals with equal opportunities and rights.
• Meet Additional Needs through a carefully planned approach in partnership with parents, helpers and other professionals and outside agencies.
• Have regard for the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.
• Include all children in my provision.
• Provide practitioners to help support parents and children with special educational needs/disabilities and meet those needs with a range of strategies.

Methods of our setting are that:
• Attend any training to ensure that I have the skills and
understanding to meet the needs of individual children.
• Work closely with our designate member of staff – xxxxxxxxx – to be Special
Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO).
• Ensure that the provision for children with SEN/disabilities is the
responsibility of all members of the setting.

I handed this into mark last week and getting it back tomorrow so may not be 100% but hope it helps I put 305.1.1 and 305.1.2 together
Unread 06-02-2009, 09:16 PM

kimp123 is on a distinguished road

Thats great, Defo something to start thinking about lol

Thanks for your help