Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-05-2006, 08:31 PM
cybertwin

Default complaints book

Hi
been told to make one of these and am feeling really thick tonight, after being bogged down with rotas etc.

does anyone have a system in place that i could borrow? what i wrote down this morning seems very muddled now
:teacher: :bomb:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

we have a complaints policy, stating what parents, staff or committee can do if they have a complaint etc, but we also have a file with a complaints book in so if we ever did have a complaint we can show ofsted where we would record it. if you want a copy of policy pm me your postal address. FARLEYS
Unread 06-05-2006, 08:50 PM
cybertwin

ta
we have the policy, but my pla lady said they are now asking for complaints books and log sheets? will email her to clarify for me
Unread 06-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Belle

Mine just says that if a parent has any issues with the quality of their child's care they should approach Management immediately to try and resolve. An Incident Record (same one we use for ALL types of incidents) will be completed by the person making the complaint and signed by the Manager (and comments made). Ofsted address and tel is supplied in policy so if still not satisfied this route can be taken.
Unread 06-06-2006, 08:30 AM

Narnia is on a distinguished road

My complaints book simply gives details of the complaint, and what action we took to resolve it and how we could ensure the problem was avoided next time.I "only" have one in there so far....................
Unread 06-06-2006, 10:00 AM

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

When we re-opened in february we were told by ofsted that we had to have seperate book for complaints against the setting or staff.
Unread 06-10-2006, 03:04 PM

Narnia is on a distinguished road

yes, that's what I meant.I also have the complaints policy and procedure in place...
Unread 07-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

can this book be any book??..as long as you have the word 'complaints' on it???
Unread 07-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Janie

The book has to say concerns and complaints on the front, you can use any book you like as long as it is a hardback bound book that pages cant be ripped out of.
YOu also need to display the concerns and complaints poster which is available from your are you ready for inspection booklet, this must be displayed in a prominant place for parents to see. The poster gives details about how they complain and must match up with your complaints policy.
Hope this info covers all of the questions

Janie
Unread 07-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

Janie..can you paste the link as to where I can download the poster please..many thanks

Air
x