Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 10-21-2019, 08:27 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mrs mole is on a distinguished road
SOS Stuck unit 3 1.3 Analyse how national & local guidelines, policies & procedures for safeguarding affect day to day work?

please can any one help i have days left to finish this unit 3 1.3 - Analyse how national and local guidelines , policies & procedures for safeguarding affect day to day work with children and young people .
i am so lost feel like giving up

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a very warm welcome to the site.

It is a little unfair of your course provider if they've left you with no research materials for this and the following criteria that relies on your knowledge of it.

If you have this EYE handbook, page 86+ has the reading that will help.

You will need to look at current legistlation and guidelines:
  • Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013
    -- which also includes 'What to do if you're worried a child is being abused' 2006
  • Protection of Children Act 1999
  • The Disclosure and Barring Service
  • The Children Act 2004
  • and you will need a copy of your setting's safeguarding policy.
(To see how the handbook describes each of those, search inside the amazon preview for the words current legislation and click to p. 87)

If you work in England, your setting will be working with the Early Years Foundation Stage which is based on the legislation (& more) above and as such your setting's safeguarding policy and procedures are, and have been developed to meet all the requirements contained in the EYFS - see section 3 The Safeguarding and Welfare requirements.

This is a quote from page 89 AC 1.3:
How current legistlation and guidelines inform policy and procedure (procedures set out a setting's day to day practices)

There is one aspect of work with babies, toddlers and young children that must always come first: the requirement to keep them safe, and to protect them from significant harm. All early years settings are bound by the laws *listed above - and by the many laws relating to health and safety.

Schools and early years settings are places where children spend a considerable amount of their lives. Early years practitioners are some of the most important adults that young children will come into contact with. As a staff team, thay can create an atmosphere and ethos which profoundly affect the child';s experience of being cared for, listened to, valued, guided and stimulated. Early years settings and schools therefore play a considerable part in promoting children's best interests.

Safeguarding children in early years settings and schools
An early years setting or school keeps children safe by;
  • having effective procedures around safe recruitment, management and its general operating policy; for example, if children are encouraged to speak out when they feel unhappy or uncomfortable, they will be much less vulnerable to abuse.
  • ensuring that children's intimate care - nappy changing, toileting, dressing and undressing - is coordinated by a key person. This reinforces the child's right to privacy, and the child would not then expect that just anyone could take them aside and undress them.
Hope this helps a little xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-22-2019, 04:18 PM

mrs mole is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your help, Much more information than my tutor has given,I have told my tutor a number of times that I have been struggling with this one and she says we will come back to it but time is running out as my end date is near .big hugs Xx
Unread 10-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

You're very welcome, best wishes with finishing xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-16-2020, 06:38 PM

Kbjt41 is on a distinguished road

Hi, me again! can anyone give advice on this question please? Describe national and local safeguarding polices and procedures including child protection, online safety, FGM, CSE and radicalisation.
Is local my city? i know this is probably so simple but my brain is so fried right now! haha