Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 03-03-2006, 08:39 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Need a Hug!

Awww.:weepy: I've just had to get hubby to 'euthanise' my favourite tropical fish - Cory the corydora . He wasn't doing much, just laying on his back slightly flicking a fin! He was too far gone to save.:sorry: I can't believe how upset I am - it's only a fish after all.

Please send hugs, otherwise I'll have to drink a whole bottle of wine, and I don't do hangovers!:vomit:

Tracey:gloomy:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Hug!

Oh hers a bottle of wine and you can pour me a glass or two. :gloomy: To-day I was as a volunteer asked by the manager(who normally does not come in on a friday) to spend the morning checking the toys in a cupboard away from the children ! I needed a hug then!!I did start and then thought no and called her in and told her my views,back I went and had a lovely morning with the children.When the group is so lovely why oh why is that manager still around?!!
Unread 03-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Aww :weepy: big 's all round
Blessings to Cory as he journeys to the next 'level'! !
Will there be a replacement for Jade to press her nose against the tank to watch?

and Good for you Chloe for standing your ground!
The children are much worthier than cupboard sorting remember those days well !
In the end we used to schedule a couple days over half term or a weekend (if the mess was totally unbearable!) luckily though we were paid !!
Had the odd parent helper that prefered to sort the cupboards than muck in with the days activities ... so thier turn in the 'help rota' was always well placed !! lol
Is your manager not the easiest person to get on with then?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-04-2006, 01:51 PM

Default Help

Actually I am the one and only help (unpaid)they have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Patsy

Well that says it all.They are in desparate need of help.Mybe you should mention that you would appreciate some sort of token even a pint of milk as you have so much experience and no matter what they are gaining from you.Chloe dont let them put on you.
AND A FISH IS NOT JUST A FISH ITS A LIVING THING AND PART OF THE FAMILY. No my dear Im not shouting at you just trying to prove why you were/are upset.I have a goldfish ,yes at my age.I feed him daily and hes so tame actually jumps out of the water when he sees me coming especially at feed time. Maby its cause he/she thinks Im spooky,i hope its love.So chin andGIN up.lol.
Unread 03-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Muggy

Coffee Another Hug!

>>>>SQUEEEEEZE<<<< There you go my pet...
There there, its alright.
Sorry to hear your news! x
Unread 03-05-2006, 12:24 PM

Thanks girls, I feel better for the hugs and kind words. The wine helped numb my pain too!:redwine:

Chloe, you are worth so much to them, they just don't realise it, but they will - I've just finished adoption leave and left altogether and now they want me back! It will be interesting to see how much!
Unread 03-05-2006, 01:03 PM

Hug

Ah,congratulations!!How old is your new son or daughter?
Unread 03-05-2006, 03:39 PM

I have 2 - Raymond who's 6 years and Jade who's 20 months, they're brother and sister and have been with us for 7 months - but it feels like forever! (in a good way of course!) I've turned into 'sad' mother, but I really am proud of the pair of them!:cloud9:
Unread 03-05-2006, 06:15 PM

lovely,enjoy every minute as I am sure you will !!